My week

Pingu

Well this week I spent the week at what will be my new job starting to learn the ropes with fair bit the week spent on JD 7530 and 4000litre berthoud sprayer as that will be my main job so learning how to use sprayer etc :)  But is very nicely run farm also running Claas ares 697 which is fitted with GPS and N senser for altering amount N applied and GPS for shutting boom sections off in right place.  With similar GPS going to be fitted to what will be my deere for steering and boom control. Main other tractors are Case MX 285 and Cat Challenger MT865 and a Claas lexion 600 with most kit bought ex demo or second hand so dont get big depreciation hit but the 7530 is brand new 09 plate :-*

post-132-132639083381_thumb.jpg

post-132-132639083397_thumb.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit more spraying was on rape all weekwith fungicide mostly a mix of proline and amistar,getting used to the deere but having a gearbox that you cant use for engine braking at road speeds will take some getting used to after running the fendt.

What rape leaves on the paint work  :'( :D

14042009073.jpg

In the sun this week 

15042009080.jpg

15042009081.jpg

In front the workshops after deere had oil leak fixed and quick blow down

15042009083.jpg

The control box

15042009085.jpg

The Case MX 285 one the nicest tractors I have ever driven so smooth and one the nicest engine notes known to man :D

16042009089.jpg

Then just one showing the other tractor with magnum the Claas 697 with N sensor, GPS and Fert spreader behind which has adapted hydraulic measuring unit to work with the N sensor

16042009092.jpg

Then little picture showing how tight lanes are up to one the farmsand this is the widest of 3 :D

16042009086.jpg

Cheers chaps :)

Erm its around 2500 acres are combined so similar acres but are looking to expand having had fair few local farms come up for contract recently so have applied, that is main reason for having the big cat and 600 so they have extra capacity to expand comfortably.  :)

oooh seems an age since you were called MF fan mate, no masseys for a while eh ? all fendt , case & JD ,large ones at that !

hope you're going to happy in the new job phill, & keep the pics coming chap  :)

Cheers  :)

Yer sadly no massey's in a while still have soft spot for them :-[:D But will keep you all informed with pictures as go full time in June so be plenty pics come end harvest and probs alot more of the sprayer with that being my primary role can see me getting used to it :D

• 1 month later...

Well I've been back at work for last 10+ days before go full time and leave college in 2 weeks ;D ;D

Well got there weds afternoon and jumped on bowser and help them do 720 acres in 13hours :)

21052009114.jpg

And then I did some more T2 spraying on the Turs afternoon with some bowsering in morning so I got used to using it

21052009117.jpg

Then after bank hol weekend of topping on quad had togo do a glider field with a nice bit of overkill and yes that is 300hp on a 4.5m topper :D

26052009122.jpg

I am now discovering North essex is far from flat heres pics of the flatest field of 250 acres spring barely on a farm with a fair few reducing 75 to it's knees and from 17k to 3k up the hill :o :o

28052009128.jpg

28052009131.jpg

At the yard on one the contract farms with a well worn PTO shaft after the local deere engineers having updated the software on computer for the beacon but didnt adjust the hydraulics so at 100% it was really 70% and wiped out the shaft and caused damage to gearbox was not happy and there paying for new gearbox and shaft (wasnt me driving was day before i arrived)

28052009134.jpg

Then a few pictures when I was out doing T3 sprays yesterday and today when I remembered camera and had to unblock nozzles etc really starting to enjoy spraying and can clear acres did 180 in 4 and half hours that includes 3 fill ups on 2 different farms 5 miles apart :)

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

nice pictures lad ,sounds like you are enjying the work ;)

Cheers and yer loving it much more enjoyable then college be glad to leave miss people not the place :D

But a few videos I took while bored topping and spraying

Last one shows what kind of speed we spray at and what I do :D

Nice 1 mate love all the pictures

makes it a lot nicer to run on tramlines ehh i do all our spraying over here no tramlines

hope you dont get hay fever when your in the rape fields

Cheers

Defiantly how do you work it without tramlines outta curiosity having never done it? just guess work or GPS :)

Nah luckily not hay fever suffurer was glad for that fact  :D

Foam  bout markers but i do have gps guidance and mapping

i run a 3 wheel Terra gator  spraying at 15mph

got a vid on you tube if  your interested??

Defiantly mate never seen terra gator sprayer, what width booms you run?  How do they travel as I quite often have to backoff at 17k not 15mph :D

Mines an old one   i have 75ft booms but you can get them up to 90 ft now

they ride pretty nice really even though are fields are rough as hell and we have some steep banks i have to slow down a lot too

I have had it on 2 wheels even on 1 wheel on the odd occasion

its a v8 cat diesel turbo engine and a  10 speed  crash box  wagon transmission

kind of crude but it does the job  i have 200 more acres to spray as soon as i can get it done this week

that will put me up to about 7000 acres so far this spring

here is a a picture of it and my bowser  6400 gallons of fertilizer and 4 IBC's of chemical for maize ground

ops i forgot the you tube link theres another uploading now

Nice set-up there mate always interesting to see machines from other side of the pond so to speak :D

But looks like it does the job well with those acres sprayed already I wouldn't know how many my 75 done this season I've done 1400 on it so probs around 5000 acre mark I think.  Do you run a replacement policy with it or just keep going till no more economic sense to keep running it as that's were on as my sprayer as its 10 years old and done around the 100,000 acre mark now we think

It was a big change for me to get used to all the open space over here i can tell you

I am from chester Uk really   our bigest field was only 20 acres there  the bigest one id ever been on was 50

that changed when i came here  ;) ;)

my boss bought that machine at an auction for $2700its a 1986 year so  what its 22 years old  we will just run it until it dies or he comes home with another bargain

we have another machine just like this one too but its pretty well retired just does a bit every now and then

My boss's brother does contract spraying  he has 2 more just like this also  i did about 1200 acres of contracting this spring with mine helping him out

your machine looks tidy for it age i would never thought it was 10 years old its done alot of acres too

I've had similar not as bad moving here It's no were near as built up and hills are a bit of a culture shock and taking some getting used to :D

But defiantly getting the acres covered with the terra though mate ever miss England and its little quirks farming wise?

But that was a bargain then to say least this is one I just missed out on this is what the Magnum replaced and wasn't sold until recently and I put an offer in as to say it floated my boat is an understatement but had already been sold as boss only wanted 4k for this Steiger Panther 325 but missed it :'(

DSC00474.jpg

4 grand the tires are worth that  :o :o :o :o

i miss  England sometimes but more the people  to be honest

Theres way more to offer a person here  cost of living is cheap and theres plenty of foot holds up in the world if your willing to work hard

This year i  leased some land of my own 25 acres of arable and 80 acres of grass thats why im looking at buying a tractor

where abouts in essex are you i did the harvest  season in Harlow about 13 years ago