Truckfest 2009 Peterbouragh Pictures

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think to my mate T-cab that was there?

"Too much light, not enough height" I think is the saying!  :D :D Naa, it looks good.

Nice to see Bond and Son still putting the hours into their wagons, they look like that all year round which considering they are in quarry work is amazing to be honest. What was the tally of foreign trucks like, many there? Never very many at the Shepton one but by the looks of it the bigger Peterborough show draws a few in from across the water. Tinnelys never let themselves down either, always a nice looking working truck on show from them. Stunning paintwork on most of them and as for the rear end shot of that heavy hauler in yellow. ..  :o Sexybum!

Thanks for getting the photo's and for taking the time to put them up.

"Too much light, not enough height" I think is the saying!  :D :D Naa, it looks good.

Nice to see Bond and Son still putting the hours into their wagons, they look like that all year round which considering they are in quarry work is amazing to be honest. What was the tally of foreign trucks like, many there? Never very many at the Shepton one but by the looks of it the bigger Peterborough show draws a few in from across the water. Tinnelys never let themselves down either, always a nice looking working truck on show from them. Stunning paintwork on most of them and as for the rear end shot of that heavy hauler in yellow. ..  :o Sexybum!

Bond and son was one of the nicest lorrys at the show i have more interest in the tippers and skip lorrys as i class them as REAL working truck, but some of the lorrys are unreal the detail and time and effort was put into them, if you had of seen one of tinnelys yokes outside she was a but rougher. yes that double drive scania was definatley nice and then the pipe are a different story :-*:-* i also think that the recovery lorrys are interesting especially the demo they put on in the main arena,(flipped a cargo bulk tipper over and then back) was a good show and i highley recomend it ;)

whats up with the T-cab?

whats up with the T-cab?

Nothing is up with the T-cab. I was quoting a humorous saying I once heard refering to another T-cab. Like this on, not a Topline and with loads of lights, hence the saying ::)

Some very nice pics there.

Any scottish lorries down?

I am sure there was "Robl12"  infact i have seen that many its hard to remember what all was their. I would like to say thanks for taking the time to look at these and show some interest i know lorrys are not everyones cup of tea but it is a change. These comments make my time spent taking photos worth while  cheers everyone ;);D

Trucks have been as big a part of my working life as tractors have been and that reflects farming too really. The bring in the raw materials from seed to steel and take away the products from milled wheat to milk. Never tire of see truck photo's myself ;)

The volvo on the right i think is the best truck i think i seen at the show, this is capable of lifting 75ton and i was speaking to the driver and it is roughly cost them £375,000 before all the extas came on it, it is kitted out with new powers saws and own compartments for chain and straps. They have a main contract on a motorway road works at a sertain place in england i cant remember the name for the next 10 years and he simply said "What credit crunch?" they have a roll over of a lorry and clean up down to 5 hours and they think they can get it down to 2 hours but this is definatley one serious piece of Kit ....

PICT0172.jpg

PICT0171.jpg

PICT0174.jpg

PICT0175.jpg

PICT0176.jpg

Wow that last volvo...... I would love to drive her, that crane.... its aussome

The crane apparently was developed in america, and they provide all the training on how to use it and effectly do a perfet roll over.

think I've seen that Scania somewhere before ;)

It is definatley a nice truck is that what you are basing you model on ??

That Kenworth is a beauty! Wreckers are just about the only way you can operate them over here these days. Shame as it's nice to be cruising laong the motorway in a Scania in a world of your pwn when "Baaaaaaaaaaaarm" a Kenworth goes sailing past with a grain bulker on the back!!

That Kenworth is a beauty! Wreckers are just about the only way you can operate them over here these days. Shame as it's nice to be cruising laong the motorway in a Scania in a world of your pwn when "Baaaaaaaaaaaarm" a Kenworth goes sailing past with a grain bulker on the back!!

Thar "Baaaaaaaaaarm" is nice but however i think definatley a nice v8 with twin stack and sides pipes and a good "boooooooooooooooorrrrrrrp" from it is just as good  what you think. I lots of one seem to like them for wreckers quite a posers wagon i think for the United Kingdom

Which link? The Boniface one seems ok to me?

Without doubt, American trucks being operated here are certainly posers wagons. .. But then so is a european truck which has stacks and/or sidepipes! Agreed, the sound of a V8 is one of pure power and distinction. The sight of a huge chrome grill bearing down on you in your drivers mirror though, almost fills you with dread at being driven off the road! I know! I remember pulling up Tormarton bank on the M4 with a load of paving on in my 420 topline when Walls Recoverys' Kenworth W900 from Wales went sailing past me pulling an artic. That was a sight!  8)

Which link? The Boniface one seems ok to me?

Without doubt, American trucks being operated here are certainly posers wagons. .. But then so is a european truck which has stacks and/or sidepipes! Agreed, the sound of a V8 is one of pure power and distinction. The sight of a huge chrome grill bearing down on you in your drivers mirror though, almost fills you with dread at being driven off the road! I know! I remember pulling up Tormarton bank on the M4 with a load of paving on in my 420 topline when Walls Recoverys' Kenworth W900 from Wales went sailing past me pulling an artic. That was a sight!  8)

Well it is a nice sound from the both of them, well the fella removed his post i think, did you used to drive artics, bit different than the logs

Yeah, containers from Southampton dock, then brick and block haulage on an artic flat, the a vacuum tanker and more recently I work for an agencey when the ag work goes quiet. Bulk tippers, aggregate tippers, double decker boxes, fridges, curtainsiders.