Pete's Old Pictures

Soilboy

Ive been having a bit of a sort out on my computer at home and I found all my old pictures taken when i was farming on a more regular basis, which I thought might be worth sharing.  These first pictures were taken around harvest 2002.

Tractors in the pictures are a Ford 8340, NH 8260, JD 6600 and JD 6200

009_06.jpg

009_NC.jpg

010_07.jpg

010_NC.jpg

011_NC.jpg

015_12.jpg

Love the photo's. The TX series combines and the 40 and 60 series Ford/New Hollands were all the rage when I was starting my workling life on the farms round here. Love to see period photo's of that sort of kit. Would love to see more  :)(Please see PM)

Some more pictures I have found taken in 2003 i think when i first had a digital camera so the quality is a bit better in these.  First set are more of the 8260.  This tractor can also be seen on fwi.co.uk in the wreckers yard section when it caught fire back in 2006 in spectacular fashion whilst feeding in one morning!

8260front.jpg

8260simba.jpg

8260keenan.jpg

Some pictures of a Case MXM 120 which replaced the 8340 in late 2003.  I was sad to see the 8340 replaced as it was the last 40 series on the farm, the type of tractor I grew up on!  They also had a 7840 and 8240 along with the 83 at one point which always looked good when silaging together with a trailed NH chopper.

MXMfert.jpg

MXMhouse.jpg

MXMswather.jpg

Did you say 78, 82 and 8340 silaging together with a trailed chopper?!  :o Now that sounds like my cup of tea!

MXM doesn't look a bad machine. . I'm like you though. Grew up on 40 series  8):-*

The three 40 series did look good chopping together, and they all had white roof's which made them look like triplets!  Wish I had some pictures of those days, along with the old 2wd 6610 that we had on the rake.

Lovely pics of the older Fords. Also impeccable taste in combines.  ;D

The old TX34 was a very good combine in its day and gave us very little trouble over the years.  Its biggest downside was that it was a mechanical one rather than hydro.  Have you got the posher hydro model John?!

My mate has just a bought a one owener form new G plate TX34 mechanical. It's a beauty for her age and respectible hours! Going to be working hard this summer along with a year older TF42  ;)

A few more pictures taken in late 2004/ early 2005.  Tractors are same 8260 and JD 6600 as in other pics, although the JD had a loader fitted to it in late 2004 so looks a bit different.  Other tractors are a TM165, Fastrac 1115, Ford 4000 and Ford 6600 which were used for bedding/scraping.

8260keenan-1.jpg

JD6600xmas.jpg

TM165slurry.jpg

JCBfastrac.jpg

4000scraper.jpg

6600chopper.jpg

you still farming?

Unfortunatly not farming anymore as in driving machinery, but I now work for a muckspreader/trailer manufacturer which does enable me to get out and about still!

Neat pictures. :)

What was yellow bit of kit the New Holland 8260 was pulling?any more pictures of that?

The yellow bit of kit behind the 8260 is a Simba tine cultivator which had a row of levelling boards, four rows of spring tines and a packer roller, but the roller fell off years ago!  I think it was called a Simba All-Farm cultivator but take my word for it!

Will try and post some more pictures over the weekend as ive been away with work this last week.