Ginge agri

main starting point i think is type of farm your going to model, era (modern/80's ect) and type of business arable, dairy, ect then you can look at the type of buildings to suit your choice of farm.

happy planning

as for name a lot of people use there own name or something that gives a form of meaning. My own layout name derived from wanting a back drop which give depth and broke the flatness into the skyline, trees hense WOODSIDE FARM.

As for general ideas looking through over peoples layouts gives good ideas and often ways to construct parts, or look at your surroundings for insperation. Anything you need can easily be obtained from ebay, internet sites, local model shops or from members on here.

hope this helps, and anything else you need help with just shout

pete ;D ;D ;)

as for name a lot of people use there own name or something that gives a form of meaning. My own layout name derived from wanting a back drop which give depth and broke the flatness into the skyline, trees hense WOODSIDE FARM.

As for general ideas looking through over peoples layouts gives good ideas and often ways to construct parts, or look at your surroundings for insperation. Anything you need can easily be obtained from ebay, internet sites, local model shops or from members on here.

hope this helps, and anything else you need help with just shout

pete ;D ;D ;)

same here mine was called ashford farm because i live in ashford drive

cheers again lads

i think iam gunna build my own machine shed and barn

any tips of where to buy then stuff?

what - the building material

if so you could build it from wood or plastrastruct (dont know of any others of the top of my head )

if you want information on plastrastruct ask the users on here (not me ! ive never used it )

When I am planning a layout I think up a storyline first as I find it is helpful in keeping to the theme and setting it out.  My dioramas are based on a Heritage Park open to the public.

Like others my names are based on my own name.  Leakey Vale is 1:32 and the 1:72 is Lilliput Vale.  Leakey flows better than Leake which is my name. 

Good luck - it will take over your life and whatever size you first decide on will not be enough!

Looking forward to seeing the pics