At work with Stuarty C (wee nash)

Stuarty C

poor oul girls had a hard life, there barley shots growing out the mud guards, she pressurised herself on the way to field, and she has a habit of dropping the arms and popping out of gear  :-\ neh, didnt attempt the rake down it, went via the other fields  ;) mind you i had to go row yesterday and had a wheel in each verge going up the road   :-\ :D

i no the feeling stu, most of the roads round here jus take the rake an no more. i was heading down a wee road during the first cut, here wasnt the wagon siting abandoned in it with a flat tyre! had to reverse about 200yrds to the road end and turn and go a differnt route :D :D it tested the reversing skills that day :D :D :D :D nice pics by the way ;)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i no the feeling stu, most of the roads round here jus take the rake an no more. i was heading down a wee road during the first cut, here wasnt the wagon siting abandoned in it with a flat tyre! had to reverse about 200yrds to the road end and turn and go a differnt route :D :D it tested the reversing skills that day :D :D :D :D nice pictures by the way ;)

cheers mate

not so good  :D been in the same situation only i had a low tree, but it was to far to the end of the road so squeezed up someones drive way  :P

poor oul girls had a hard life, there barley shots growing out the mud guards, she pressurised herself on the way to field, and she has a habit of dropping the arms and popping out of gear  :-\ neh, didnt attempt the rake down it, went via the other fields  ;) mind you i had to go row yesterday and had a wheel in each verge going up the road  :-\ :D

shame that because them maxxums are good going work horses shes been punished, aye you might end up doing damage taking her down that lane land, i spent a good while on the 6330 this summer taking her along some roads the wheel was verge to verge  :D and when you hit a side drain you can look out rakes goes everywhere  :D some people in there cars taking for the ditch when they see me coming

wouldnt fancy roading on a 50k with one, 24mph hairy enough at times, especially with high curbs and what not  :-

51 series are mighty machines, he pulls his big welger combi with his 5130, only 97 horse at new, probably lucky if she has 90horse an 2 donkeys now, but she was pulling the baler with 2 bales (wet bales !!) up a wet hill, no probs and ploughed with a 4 furrow as if it wasnt there  ;)

aye the rake bouncing all over is not handy lad  :D :D fun seeing people moving out the way though  :P :P

yeah well the boys i work for still runs a 5140 12 year old 6000 hours  :D shes goes like a train at times hard to beat her i'd say

shes had a handy life, only 6000 hours  :-\ that contractor just bought a cvx 170 with 7000 hours, shes a brute, to big for are part of the world thoo, already sliced a tyre on a gate post  :D

aye he should sell her and get a new tractor, the prices for a good maxxum is good these days but he wont listen to me  :D :D aye cvx is a nice yoke but thur huge  :o :o be he was'nt in the best of tune after he done that

went and got a 30% tyre to match the rest, then probably vulcanized the sliced one as a spare  :D :D he was mowing with a wee 10ft jd on her, wouldnt have known anything was on her but the mower couldn't cope  :-\ was near just taring the grass out  :D

nice pictures ;D, that lane reminds me of a farm i worked on in wales, i had to mow some fields with a class mowercon but going down the road it was half way up the grass banks. Not a good way to look after your machines  :) :)

here nash does the arms on your rake go in and out to vary the width of her :-\

theres 3 bolts on each to take out, then turn a wee dealy which pushes them out, we only keep one bolt in each side  ::) quicker to adjust  :P she takes

3 rows fully out, but the harvester can only take 2 at a struggle  :D

• 2 weeks later...

had to get second cut in, was long over due  :-\ so took the chance and cut it down on monday afternoon, only to be rained off after getting 30 acre mowed and 5 rowed.  :-\ :-[ thankfully tuesday was a decent day and there wasnt a tractor left parked up, mc100 was rowing, 115 drawing in and 135 mowing the last 30odd acres  ;D

first up mowing rig  ;)

lgim0947.jpg

new scrapper tractor  ;D mc100, brave few hours on er but she'll do  :P

lgim0986.jpg

lgim0958.jpg

lgim0957.jpg

lgim0949.jpg

lgim0983.jpg

went through 2 harvesters yesterday, contractors 2205 lay down after 5 acres  :D and when we went for the neighbours 2205 the clutch was in need of repairs so 4 hours later we were up and going harder than ever  ;) no pics of the 2nd harvester, but she was tidy, bar becon, cb, beefy front tyres and 4wd tyre on rear  ;)

Broke  :D

lgim0965.jpg

he just spent a week fixing header up aswell  :D

lgim0964.jpg

mighty mx n fraser  8)

lgim0969.jpg

lgim0968.jpg

lgim0966.jpg

finished rowing at 9.30 and realized i had a side light out  >:(

lgim0987.jpg

ran out of room in the clamp and ended up baling 3 acres, 46 bales on it, dont do much round bale silage, but is this alot per acre ???

mc135 n kane,

lgim1002.jpg

lgim1000.jpg

next up had to spread a load of effluent, was some amount of rain over night, field was lifted day before and not a mark yet this afternoon i was starting to cut the ground  :-\

lgim1009.jpg

lgim1007.jpg

lgim1006.jpg

lgim1005.jpg

lgim1014.jpg

then spent 2 hours with the link a sweep brushing yards, lanes and roads  :-\ ;D