Thinking about buying this deutz

Deeredriver

I have a deutz allis 7145  on demo right now to see if i buy it

its 145hp 2wd 4100 hrs 24f 8r gears

I drove it back  from the dealers one night last week  a 60 mile drive it ran just fine

The salesman  told me some other bloke took it out to try and it kept jumping out of reverse but ive used the tractor for a few hrs and it seems  fine

Also the guy told him the 3 point doesn't work which is kind of true

when you put the lever up the arms do go up  but if i stand on the arms then they stop going up

if i pull the levers for the spool valve then the arms do jump up a bit

theres a few little bits wrong like lights n stuff but nothing i cant fix easily

tractor has  air con  new seat and a new cd player its kinda dirty but thats easy to  clean up too

they were asking $14,500 for it but as they think the hydraulics are broke they will let it go for $9000

they are john deere dealers so they dont want to mess with it just get shut  of it

what do you guys think go  for it????????

post-85-132639102356_thumb.jpg

post-85-13263910236_thumb.jpg

Deutz tractors from that era had a back axle problem when new. A local dealer had a lot of the ones they sold returned to them for new diff gears to be fitted as they all failed.

Yea thats what im trying to find out i have a couple of fone numbers to call tomorow to see if its an expensive fix or not

even still i wouldnt use the lift arms much anyway as most machines here are trailed

disc,cultivator,mower, rake , baler thats what i would use this for

Over here tractors bring a lot of money so this is a cheap way to get into a tractor

This is badged as  7145 deutz allis but  looking on the net seems like it is badged as a dx7.10 in other countries

looks kind of small when i get it next to the deeres at work but  ohh well

it pulls damn good i had it muck spreading the other night for a few hrs