MYSTERY ROLLER

1972farming

Evening to you all .

Can anyone out there help me please ?

I can't identify this roller I recently bought .

It has no makers name at all and looks different to anything I have ever seen before .

Its like an old horse drwn one which has been converted to be pulled by a tractor .

But its a proper old job ,not a cobbled together affair .

I would think it could have been made by an old English company like Crescent or Charbens for instance but who knows ?

Its doing my head in ,not knowing .It only cost a fiver so I don't care if its rare or valuable ,I just wpold like to know more .

I had one excatly the same model, had it for about 10 years and was told by an "expert" it was a Matchbox Lesney or something (never proven, i thought it may have been crescent) so i lost interest then sold it at a toy fair for 20 quid in Rochester which made me suspicious it was worth more, may even be the same one you never know, never seen another one ;)

I had one excatly the same model, had it for about 10 years and was told by an "expert" it was a Matchbox Lesney or something (never proven, i thought it may have been crescent) so i lost interest then sold it at a toy fair for 20 quid in Rochester which made me suspicious it was worth more, may even be the same one you never know, never seen another one ;)

Yes I think it could be crescent , I bought it out of a box of odds and ends .

In the same box was the scaledown timber trailer I posted last week .

Most items were ?3 ,?5 or ?7 in the box and I bought quite a few .