Schuco Unimog U1600 1/32

archbarch

I got this model the other day with great excitement, as there havent been many Mogs released in 1/32 scale.

Firstly the colour is what Unimog dealers and MB refer to as 'highway yellow' which is more of an orange but there you go, this would be a colour option on any Mog even ag spec, so calling it 'kommunal' is not correct.

The packaging is too big in my opinion, large box, loads of polysterene and those silly wires, not like Schuco models from the past that were screwed to a plinth.

The model itself is well detailed both inside and outside the cab, its mostly metal and very well put together however the tailgate on the platform is plastic and does not shut flush at one end. The platform is fixed and doesnt tip, the drivers door catches the exhaust pipe when it is open and closed.

The steering is good, steering wheel also turns at the same time, there is also suspension with coil springs just like the real machine, linkage has detail but will not hold anything only there for the detail really.

My final verdict is I was expecting better quality being Schuco but pleased that there is a very good replica of a U1600 in 1/32.

8/10

sorry no pics will try and post some at a later date.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just like the real machine then!!! The cabs can be a tight squeeze, on the U1600 i drove i found nowhere comfortable to put my left foot due to the wheel arch, we replaced the cab which rotted out due to fert for an ex military cab, which had a piece cut out and flattened over the arch which made it alot more comfortable.