Bull Pen

piper.28

brick walls with pillars at the end of each run with gaps for human escape at each corner and two plain steel tubular railings set above the brick walls into the pillars,apexed roof shelter adjoining with separate passage/door for feeding access and head yoke for restraining the old boy, plus a door to shut him in either part while mucking out.

brick walls with pillars at the end of each run with gaps for human escape at each corner and two plain steel tubular railings set above the brick walls into the pillars,apexed roof shelter adjoining with separate passage/door for feeding access and head yoke for restraining the old boy, plus a door to shut him in either part while mucking out.

:D :D  yeah right , we managed to corner a bull & lead it into an ifor williams  cattle box years back , as the rear gate was put up the boss jumped out of the access door at the front only to be followed by a none too happy hereford  :D :D  he was a big old feller as well (the bull not the boss) but after a bit of a struggle he came through & no his mood hadn't lightened, the biggest surprise was the access door & frame wasn't bent or damaged , don't think the bull was that bothered  as off he went with bits of electric fence hedgerow ,barbed  & high tensile wire following in his wake , we managed to find him the next day in a neighbours field of heffiers a few miles away .......... :-\

hmmmm......that one's not safe!...no escapes.

and No, I'm not a part time Health & Safety inspector,..I'll see if my old landlords one is still there (not been converted into light Industrial unit)

drove into the estate on the way up the factory,and......it's gone! Completely demolished!

Apparently when my brother was three(almost 55 yrs ago) he went missing from the fenced-in garden and they found him nearly to the landlord's farm about 1/2 mile away, saying he was going to see the bull! ???:o

My uncle had a Hereford bull and we used to be able to sit on his back while he was resting in the field.  Really docile but still not to be trusted completely.

His Friesian bull was a nightmare,  when doing the milking once, there was a loud clatter and as i got to the top of the pit stairs he was seen galloping towards the field with the two wooden sliding doors in pieces on the ground.  He even put a u shaped dent in the top of a metal five bar gate as he tried to get over it.

thinking a bit more about it, the one at Wales farm Plumpton college was sleepers concreted in vertically. with about 3" horizontal steel pipe railings,again with escape corners.

One morning while on stock duties before breakfast I had to hold a cow by the halter as the head cowman lead the old ('ere not so much of the old I hear him say) boy out on the bull pole(hooked on the nose ring) only for the cow to slip under his weight and I had the bulls nose almost in my face!...........

that reminds me of a joke........ :) :)

Sargeant Major's foreplay.........

BRACE YOURSELF!!