How to make a silage trailer??

stevy123

Question

Hi All,

I am new to the tractor model world scene, finding this website very interesting.

I have a few models at the minute but would like to build some silage trailers to go with them. Espically the kane trailers as they are made about 2 miles from my house. How do you go about building a 12 ton kane trailer?

Also how do you make a slurry tanker, seen some of the 2000 gallon ones on here and look fanstic.

Thanks in advance

steve

3 answers to this question

The Trailers are made out of a material called Plastruct. You can buy it in all shapes and sizes from any good model retailer/craft shop.

If your after a kane trailer i can recommend martin of the forum, in my opinion his are the best your going to get as EACH one is HAND MADE!

as would stevy's be HANDMADE if we help him with the info he asked for noel ;)

best point to start is draw up a set of plans, if you have access to a real one then use that, loads of pictures to for reference .as with all scratchbuilds it will take time to get it right, but the plastic is cheap enough to allow a few mistakes on the way

another good source is brouchures, they will give you the basic measurements that you can convert into 32nd scale, sounds stupid but just divide them by 32 job done,

allthough it has to be said theres nothing like messurements from a real item, and angles ect taken of shapped pannels, thats my biggest difficulty in scratch builds, not got the real one beside me to use

belive me after doing a few builds myself , trailers and combines ,theres nothing more satisfying then trying yourself, and its a lot cheaper to sometimes than you think to do