Conversion for a Roadless Tractor

John Deere Collector

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Im a county fan too and was going to do a couple of Roadless conversions on old britains 5000 super majors and 6600 Tractors. I have got front and rear wheels  made by scaledown models. After Christmas I am going to order some axels from there Roadless kits to get a more realistic looking model  and Then get some white metal Duncan cabs from Dave towse or one of the many suppliers.

I guess decals will come from Henri Walker or make my own. Some guys are using the newer britains ford 5000 type tractors but they are larger and I dont think the scaledown parts will look the right size. so they use the newer 4wd front axles  from the JD 4020 to give a steering axle ( is not very realistic but works) or ford Tw20 type tractor( that axle is also commonly used on old style Britains too) and then swap the the wheels for the newer larger style britains 4wd type.

These are just a few things I have picked up on over the years of looking around on the forum. I hope this helps a bit and I am sure some of the others have ideas to share as well . Good luck :)

Regards Robert