Dremal tools

JD1

Question

7 answers to this question

Outstanding, superb. The power variator went on mine. A mental contact got jammed but you can get spare parts really easily for them. Infinite amount of accessories for them from vertical desk mounts to tile cutting disc heads. Just brilliant and very well worth the money.

I've had mine for a couple of years now and no problems at all with it.Its been used for all sorts of jobs around the house and farm, even changed the plastic sealing strips on the grain pan of our combine,(it was the only tool small enough to fit in the confined space inside) and we only used about 7 or 8 of the wide grinding discs doing this job. One thing I would say if you are thinking of one is to get the proper adjustable chuck for it as it is much quicker than using  the one supplied as standard.

I've got a Dremel something or other and a cheap generic, the Dremel really does demonstrate why it's worth paying a few quid more, far more powerful, holds on longer, smoother take up, less vibration, reliable, better chuck [even the standard one] great range of attachments... I thought it would sit doing nothintg but I was [typically, and thankfully] wrong, I've used it for not just modelling, but trimming laminate flooring, sharpening the mower & knives, buffing up ironmongery / cleaning paint off things, cutting copper pipe, useful bit of kit  ;)