Britains remaking Powerfarm

BRITAINSMAD

I was just wondering, having read through the posts RE: Britains new hitch and the influence the FTF community had on it, if we could apply a bit of pressure to Britains to re-introduce a Powerfarm series in some of the new tractors they make at present. 

Of all the tractors produced over the years, these have to be my favourite and think that if something similar was done today it would be a huge success.  I know they have introduced the RC JD but this alternative would be more affordable and would bring back some great memories for those of us who remember the original...

Perhaps for a limited run of FTF models in the future?  Stick a motor in there and give it a whole new dimension!

Am I the only one that thinks this or am i just being crazy?! Comments, critics welcome!

• 1 month later...

Great Idea, am a big fan of the powerfarm series. (still got too have that count up!) I believe one of the reasons for discontinuing the range in late 1991 was that the models  motors and gears were a bit temperamental when put into work, (and still are!!) and took an experienced person to get them to work. Surely nowadays with modern motors they could be alot more reliable for kids and collectors alike!!

Have found some foragers and combines to be trouble, normaly if you switch them on and very carefully turn the drive wheels in the direction switch is set at they will eventually growl into life, this just frees them up particularly if they have not been run for a while

Thats what I have always recommended people too do when they have problems with Powerfarm, has never failed me yet, but you must squirt the WD-40 in or it will dry up and stick again very quickly.

Have found some foragers and combines to be trouble, normaly if you switch them on and very carefully turn the drive wheels in the direction switch is set at they will eventually growl into life, this just frees them up particularly if they have not been run for a while

•     A funny  idea, but I wouldn’t vote for it. At the time Powerfarm was a new dimension,  but today, a model in my opinion should be ether a detailed shelf model or a  fully working RC model.
    If you look  at the quality, or more the lack of quality, on the RC Britains John Deere 7930,  Britians should never have entered that market. I think the market for a  Powerfarm model, is only to a small collector group. But of course I could be  wrong...
    Take care  from Denmark...Nekarstoft

As we know, Britains are predominantley a 'toy' manufacturer so cater for that market. Reintroducing or completeley revitalising a 'power farm' series would probably be quite expensive and be out of the range of most who buy farm models as toys. Th RC JD 7930 when released was priced at around £50 and have I've been told, not a terribly good seller. I think that the cheap non-descript friction motor tractors that are available are a better buy in the eyes of parents rather than spending ten times the price for something that is only probably going to last a few weeks at most in the hands of a small child.