Scottish National Tractor Show - Lanark 25 & 26 September 2010

BC

The Scottish National tractor show is on at the Lawrie and Symington mart at Lanark on the weekend of 25 / 26 September 2010.

http://www.lawrie-and-symington.com/html/functions/

G&M farm models will be there and Brian and Ann Holmes are usually there. As well as the tractor show on both days there is a truck and lorry show on the Sunday too.

I have booked accommodation for the Saturday night at the Tinto hotel just a few miles away after being let down by a guest house last year.

It looks a nice place and was recommended to me from a member on here ;) ;)

https://www.avvio.com/hotels/Tinto_Hotel/bookings/client.php

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not sure whether I will go to this, Bill.  To be honest it's lost its appeal after three years.  Certainly, the viewing isn't the best and there could do with a bit more effort being put into the events and so on. 

Still not sure whether I will go to this, Bill.  To be honest it's lost its appeal after three years.  Certainly, the viewing isn't the best and there could do with a bit more effort being put into the events and so on.

Well as I'm into lorries as well as tractors real and models James I think the show has improved with the addition of the Sunday truck and lorry exhibits. Having said that I have to agree that both tractor exhibitors and spectators are not happy with the internal showing of the tractors all crammed up like they are. Surely it would not be a major task to remove more pens ??? ???

I'm going to email the new organiser and voice my opinions. In addition if they have a horticultural class this year I may take down my MG2 crawler.

A fly-er for anyone interested in the show or even email Rab about the display issues. If more people complain he may take heed.

31032010.jpg

In case fly-er is to0 small its Rob Beaton ( PM me if you need telephone number )

Email scottracshow@hotmail.co.uk

• 5 months later...

Well I will be attending this show as a spectator on both days.

I has a PM from Brian aka mr softie who says he will be there on the Saturday and a phone call from an ex member on here Iain aka Toolbox Tam who is planning to come along at some point but he will phoe me when he gets there.

I must give Layla at G&M Farmmodels an email to ensure they have my updated order.

Any other members thinking of attending this year ??? ???

I really can't justify going to Spalding just for a few hours Brian. I feel I can buy a heck of a lot of models for the amount that it would cost me in both travel and accommodation. The main problem is work and well that is what funds the hobby. I have to work on day 3 come hell or high water and Spalding seems to clash with that weekend both in Spring and Autumn.

i agree bill im making a long weekend to go to spalding, going down on the sat  and come back up on the monday, dont know how i managed to book the travel lodge on the site for the sat at 29 pound then i rebooked for the sun when i managed to get the day off on the monday for 19 pound, my aim this time is to go and see what is on offer and spend time looking for THAT model that might just apear, in april i went in went daft and left early with 20+ models,

Yes I agree you need to make a long weekend out of it really Brian since for us it is a long haul for just a one day show. For me I would like to make more of a holiday of it but as long as I work for how I do well that's unlikely. Never mind ......always the chance of the big lotto win tonight  and well the Porsche GT3 may be on order and well that would be a nice burn up down the road ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hope to catch up with you there James. I plan to be down from the start on Saturday and want to catch the auction too which starts at 10.30am. If you don't see me give me a bell. I'm on same number as previous years.

Is it a Deere theme this year Brian (or only the amount of them I'm buying from G&M) I must admit I had not thought about it. Last year it was a Leyland theme and there was a large turnout outside.

Even although most of the exhibits are inside there are some outside and the good news the weekend weather forecast is sunny intervals with temperatures at around 12 to 13 degrees ;) ;)

Is it a Deere theme this year Brian (or only the amount of them I'm buying from G&M) I must admit I had not thought about it. Last year it was a Leyland theme and there was a large turnout outside.

Even although most of the exhibits are inside there are some outside and the good news the weekend weather forecast is sunny intervals with temperatures at around 12 to 13 degrees ;) ;)

hi bill read it was a deere theme in classic tractor and noticed it on the flyer you posted, and thats good for the weather fingers crossed

Oh yes Brian..... :-[:-[ ...I had forgotten I had posted up that around 6 months ago.

I hope there is a good JD turnout but I'm not holding my breath since well there is not actually a lot of them attending the Scottish rallies but on  a positive note over the past few years they are on the increase.

Oh yes Brian..... :-[:-[ ...I had forgotten I had posted up that around 6 months ago.

I hope there is a good JD turnout but I'm not holding my breath since well there is not actually a lot of them attending the Scottish rallies but on  a positive note over the past few years they are on the increase.

im not holding it either, we`ll just need to waitand see what tomorrow brings fingers crossed

was at the lanark tractor show today weather was excellent and met up with bc, soloshep , g&m and a few other people i know, excellent display but the inside area was terrible all the displays were hemmed inbetween the cattle pens, i have a few pictures but could have got a lot more if all the tractors werent all jammed together, so unfortunatly dont rate the show for layout or accessability