NORTH EAST SCOTLAND CLASSIC COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ROAD RUN 29th / 30th May 2010

BC

Next another old classic from J & G Riddell an ex Tom Shanks Volvo circa 1972 with period trailer

30052010016.jpg

Harry Thompson Senior himself ....first "auld loon" off but "last mannie hame".... ;D ;D

30052010017-1.jpg

Now if anyone has ever been on the Co-ck Bridge to Tomintoul road you will know it is a very very step road from the Co-ck bridge up.

Just before the last descent we say Gordon Riddell stopped with his Albion and the F88 behind. I pulled along side and said are you boiling to which he said she never boils but I have very little brakes left and even the had brake is stretched from yesterday. Obviously the old girl had suffered break fade.

Now I have heard of lorries being pulled up the road with a tracer but I never heard of lorries being held back. Quite a good idea I though simply a sling between the tail of the Albion and the front of the F88 and they safely descend the hill at a slow pace.

30052010018.jpg

30052010019.jpg

30052010020.jpg

Almost down.... this one taken through the windscreen of my car

30052010021.jpg

We stopped at Strathdon  for a comort break and the Albion F88 and Scotlee Scania overtook us but we soon caught up. The old Albion was making good time on the flat and must have being doing at least 45  and maybe 50 in places. We arrived at Sauchen just after 4pm and it was a lovely sunny day then. Even better was the hod roast and "clootie" dumpling for tea.

One I didn't catch on the run was Jim Leesons 112 Scania. He and some other joined the run on the Saturday at Pitlochery including a couple of Jack Muir's lorries from Alyth. The northern boys form Wick.Tain,Golspie and Lairg headed home from Grantown on Spey.

30052010022.jpg

Now it always nice to have a nosey around a yard

That ex AAR Craib unit looks a shocker attached to a green float

30052010023.jpg

30052010024.jpg

30052010025.jpg

30052010026.jpg

30052010027.jpg

Well thats it from the 2010 run.

An old Sherpa van

Thanks for them photos BC nice to see the old girls still going and its nice to see proper hills and some countryside not like the flat plains of Perth here in Australia.