Fendt 615LSA

This was one of Britains' promotional schemes; similar idea to the 'Bumper Value Pack' and 'Super Value Pack' schemes from the same era.

I can't recall what year it was, but from the date on the bag of animals was probably 1995?.  The only indication on the (rainbow banded) box was the sticker you have described (stuck to the front upper left where a picture of the toy usually resided). 

I don't know if the animals were actually in the box, or whether they were kept under the counter and handed over when the purchase was made.  It was a small heat sealed polybag with about four assorted animals in it and a plain black and white stuck on label carrying the CE mark and other legally required information.  It was at the time when plastic figure production had been moved to China and interestingly, the bag usually included a small Chinese made plastic Fir tree which was not actually a Britains model, but was presumably also manufactured in the same Chinese factory as the Britains animals were at that time. 

Here is a picture of the bag and animals from this promotion:

FreeAnimalspolybag.jpg

Great stuff thanks for the info. very helpfull as didnt know that.

Incidently I have one of these animal packs with a hereford cow instead of charilais.

I was told when I bought the animal pack from a dealer, that these packs were sold through woolworths on there own.  Has anybody else heard of this?

I was told when I bought the animal pack from a dealer, that these packs were sold through woolworths on there own.  Has anybody else heard of this?

Woolies did sell a very limited selection of Britains tractor + one implement sets in there for a very short period in the early 90's.  I don't ever remember seeing or hearing of any of these animal packets in Woolies at the time.  It is possible they sold these animals for a time, but would need definate confirmation from someone who definately saw them there.  There are a lot of so-called facts which start off as hearsay, so I would take the dealers story with a small pinch of salt for the time being. 

These animals from the 'Rosette' range of figures and animals was only made in China from 1993 to the end of 1996 when production was returned to the UK for a short while (Ertl then moved production back to China and the UK firm that had been making them went bust  ::) ). 

I would think thes packs were packed by several workers in the Chinese factory, and the specification would probably have been for 1 x large animal + 3 small animals.  They probably didn't specify particular animals, so the variation in contents was probably a case of the workers using whatever was put in front of them.