CASTLE FRASER STEAM FAIR - 19 & 20 JUNE 2010

BC

One of the local shows I'll be attending with my tractor will be the Bon Accord Steam and Vintage 40th anniversary rally. This year will see a couple of old fairground attractions. See tab in the attached link. I will also be trying to promote Model Farmer by leaving a couple of folders with the chap in charge of the model tent and leave a pile of flyer's too.

http://www.bonaccordsteamclub.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just being looking at the BBC 5 day forecast and its looking good for the weekend at Castle Fraser.

hope you have a good weekend bill , im heading over the water to ireland tomorrow to pick up my models and b o r has emailed to say their is a local vintage near him so might make an apearance their, and on sun im selling ice cream at a vintage rally in dumfries a last minute booking

Well I'll be going Brian but not tractor. yesterday had car all loaded and trailer ready and she let me down. Turning over but not firing.Out with the plugs gave them a clean and was testing the last one one for spark whit dad on the handle and them she started on three,,,great I thought but when plug back in and tried to start she would not. She was them flooded so had tea and tried her again. Gave a token fire and then would not start. I suspect the problem is with the 6 volt coil which may have been damages owing to my own stupidity. The night before I was at the Fraserburgh show I had left ignition switch on for about 10 hours and the coil got roasted. Then last Saturday I had left it on for an hour or so when going to the Brechin show. She would not start when we got there since again hot but started for the load up and then again for unloading at home. I have another 6 volt coil here but is not clean or pained and another one on the French Cub but that is at Kemnay. I woke early today with the intent of going out and replacing the coil with the unpainted one but I have decided against that because it would look silly on a restored tractor. Never mind I go as a spectator and will give me more time for photos and chats etc. Have another show next Sunday at Stonehaven so I have all next week to get the problem sorted out if its the coil as I suspect.

I hope the Ireland trip goes well and you do big business at Dumfies. It a long time since I been down to a show there, Used to be eraly on in the season in May if I recall correctly.

Well was at the show minus tractor by 7.15 am and left for home around 4.15 pm...a good day dry but very windy and cold at times....but at least the rain stayed off ;) ;)

Still waiting for 130 odd photos to uplaod to PB via fast uploader and two videos loaded quite quickly in comparison....anyway two fairground videos

th_19062010132.jpg

th_19062010133.jpg

Well I found my 6 volt coil in a cupboard in the house and it had actually been undercoated. Only need to give it a top coat this next week and well I had been wait until the new one I ordered arrives and do it as well ;) ;) . I not going to bother fitting this one and tacking it today since my pal Stuart has 6 lorries there and we only managed to get three round the ring yesterday due to shortage of drivers. Stuart on the Foden timber tractor, Martin of the Foden tipper and me on the Albion with Farmall M on board.

19062010134.jpg

19062010135.jpg

Some shots from yesterday.

The 1882 Steam Gallopers before being fired up

19062010001.jpg

1925 Burrell Senic Showmans "Dolphin"

19062010002.jpg

19062010004.jpg

The prime movers for the gallopers

19062010044.jpg

19062010096.jpg

And what do you move around Dolphin with well this spanking new Volvo 700 HP ;) ;)

19062010042.jpg