Mini veg. packer

B O R

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive started the project by 1st studying the above pics for over a week....then if you notice in the pics the whole machine is mounted on the tractor not by 3 point links but is bolted to the chassis....so this is my starting point and also the point from which ill be working everthing else off.........even with my picture studying this is 4 hours work,mainly measuring and working out heights etc.....this will be 1 of the most important parts of the build as its important to get it the right height,cant have the workers on trailer reaching too high for the veg as it goes round

post-1779-132639335187_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639335204_thumb.jpg

This model will be 90%brass,and there will be problems along the way but my rules are  NEVER think too far ahead in a model build as worrying about forthcoming problems will distract your concentration on the current stage.....ALWAYS have the tractor that its intended to be displayed with on the bench as constant monitoring of heights and widths is crucial.....STUDY in depth every part of machine and understand how it works and moves and always have pics on camera of every important part as you go along......                                                          I wouldnt eveen consider making a model like this from anything other than brass as it,ll provide great strenght and also flexibility for the parts to be made.

I intend spending a lot of time on this model next week so ill keep posting up the pics as i go along showing you the stages of the build.....This is quite an enjoyable build for me as it,s nowhere near as frustrating as a mower build because this model has no "body" as such and it,ll be mostly brass..My recent mower involved 5 materials and a confusing body to work out,this model will be mainly a frame which is straightforward enough,with the veg packer model it,ll be all about accurate measuring and nifty solder work

Wow, that is something that to me is similar to looking into a can of spaghetti!! I am sure it will turn out as good as a real one but what a thing to take on!! Will be interesting to see it progressing  :)

im actually looking forward to getting into the build..still working out a few bits in my head but hope to have them sorted before i head to the bench on monday...believe it or not this is a far more straightforward build than my just finished TAARUP 10x forager....This build involves more straightforward brasswork and fine soldering than an actual body as in other models...When im building a model like this i remain undistracted from anything else and ive always a clear picture in my head of the completed model....next week the problems will surface im sure of that

at this point im starting to notice the difference in the landinis and mfs dimensions,the landini has mudgaurds which slope down towards the outside,so from this point you have to alter a few angles and lenghts to suit the 5480

post-1779-132639339199_thumb.jpg

post-1779-13263933921_thumb.jpg