R.W. Thomson Memorial Rally - Stonhaven - Sunday 27th June 2010

BC

The 43rd R.W. Thomson Memorial rally takes place at Mineral Well Park Stonehaven on Sunday 27th June 2010. Was there as a spectator last year and haven't been to the show as an exhibitor for years since it clashed with the Castle Fraser Steam Fair. I have Farmall Cub booked in so assuming I get my new coil sprayed and fitted and the coil is the starting problem I should be in attendance. A small local one and only 15 miles from home.

• 2 weeks later...

Some pictures from last sunday's show in the order they were taken, A cracking day weatherwise and just got tractor unloaded and into shed when the heavens opened. Got a right soaking unloading car and parking up trailer >:(

A poor poor show tractor wise with only five entries and only three there.

Myself

27062010001.jpg

The class winner Tracey Lowe's 1955 French Farmall Cub driven by her 16 year old daughter Kim. Good to see some youngsters taking an interest in the hobby

27062010002.jpg

Finally Kim's grandad Adam Cruickshank's 1952 Allis Chalmers D272

27062010003.jpg

Next the only one left in the world....

1934 Crossley Super Silver saloon from James Gray of Fraserburgh. Was a chauffeur driven car for the Laird of Carinbulg

27062010004.jpg

A blast from the past. My father cleaning the MG2. I had that Black Cavalier 1.8 SRI from August 1985 to 31/12/89 so that must have been taken between 1986 to 1989. Nuffield was also their since I see the display board on the rear

27062010005.jpg

Now some of Jim Bruces display " bruce Bygone Days"

An Edwardian 2 child push chair

27062010006.jpg

Next Jim's table dust buster

27062010007.jpg

27062010008.jpg