36th Scottish Transport Extravaganza 10 / 11 July 2010

BC

hi bill, are you going to echt show on sat?

No Brian I'm not are you up there selling ice cream ??? ???

It's a long time since I was asked to put on a display there Brian and dad and me took up Nuffield, Farmall A and MG2 crawler. I hardly got a thankyou or even a tea ticket so I said sod that and vowed I would never go back and I haven't. Well that's a lie I went back when in 2000 or 2001 the year of the foot and mouth the Bonaccord Steam Rally was held there. Since there was no livestock the organiser wanted some other attractions.The only agricultural show I do is the Angus Show at Brechin.

that sounds like the organisers of the show, yes im selling ice cream their on sat, what ill do for the next pound or two for my next model, get worries ive started to get into collecting lord fergusons favorites as well

Just getting ready to set off for Glamis Castle. Been a lot of overnight rain here but now off. Looking at forecast for Forfar grey cloud till 1pm then light shower which probably means that will be the time of the tractor parade. Sunny intervals by 4pm. Well cannot do anything about the weather so will just have to make the best of the day. have boots, wellingtons, brolly and waterproofs all loaded too ;) ;)

I left home at 5.43 am and arrived at 7.00 am. Had rain most of the way until Forfar and then it was a nice enough day with sunny intervals but a trifle windy. Left at 17.45 pm and home by 7 pm . Came home with a Rosette for Third in the American Concours Class and a couple of carrier bags for my bag collection ;) ;)

Well thanks Brian and Mart... getting a placing at Glamis is good since well it is one of the top Scottish Shows. I have had firsts before with the Cub when she was newly restored back in 2000 and 2001  but I'm pleased to say she can still still hold her own  with the big boys and still get a placing 11 years on ;) ;) ....anyway 100 odd photos loading on to Photobucket for you to view and looke or bore you tomorrow... ;D ;D

an ice pack, think im needing to keep away from there shows added six fergies in three weeks

Obviously selling too much ice cream at the weekends Brian ;) ;) ...I had a couple of them from the "I tie sounding chap" ( sorry Italian chap with a limp but well they did not set the grass on fire ::) ::)

Afterparking up in the car park / trailer park i walked over with number to book in and caught some od these Club tractors or loaned tractors

A Ford 4100

11072010001.jpg

C reg Manitou

11072010002.jpg

Mf6180 and dump trailer with hardcore

11072010003.jpg

1890 Pole Elevator

11072010004.jpg