Proposed visit to Stewart Trailer factory, Aberdeenshire

BC

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a PM from Andy Ingram saying that he and 3 will be coming and has to ask another. If the another comes that is us up to 16.

Still a possible four spaces left folks.

I'll do a spreadsheet before long just to make sure I get my numbers correct ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Spreadsheet updated as a result of a PM from Andy Ingram. Shifts TractorTam aka Stevie Fraser from the possible column to the members column.

So we have 8 members and 10 guests so there are still a possible 2 places left for the event which is less than three weeks away now.

Now I know Jim has a few real County tractors but I don't know if these are kept at the factory or not.

I'm tempted to ask Mandy when I email her with final numbers a week before the event if it would be possible to see the County's as well if they are stored at the factory of course.

Is anyone else interested in seeing the County's :-\ :-\

Spreadsheet updated as a result of a PM from Andy Ingram. Shifts TractorTam aka Stevie Fraser from the possible column to the members column.

So we have 8 members and 10 guests so there are still a possible 2 places left for the event which is less than three weeks away now.

Now I know Jim has a few real County tractors but I don't know if these are kept at the factory or not.

I'm tempted to ask Mandy when I email her with final numbers a week before the event if it would be possible to see the County's as well if they are stored at the factory of course.

Is anyone else interested in seeing the County's :-\ :-\

Sounding good Bill, yes indeed would be interested to see the County's if it suited Jim  :)

I will ask Mandy when I email her Ronan.

I think Jim has 2 x 1174 a 1454 a 774 and a Highlander.

Here are some photos from our local rally at Crathes near Banchory when I first spoke to Jim about the vissit whilst he was unloading his low loader.

21082010004.jpg

21082010005.jpg

Flat battery problem me thinks

21082010002.jpg

21082010003.jpg

A wee video of the pull start ;) ;)

th_21082010069.jpg

Ok folks we have made the maximum of 20 for the Stewart Trailer visit which is two weeks tonight.

Ten members and 10 guests so that is great.

Robbie Dewar aka ROB 7810 has booked the last place.

I'll confirm times near the time but i think it's be there for 7.15PM for a 7.30 start.

Ok folks only 10 sleeps away until the factory visit.

I'm assuming you are all still on. If not just let me know before Thursday 28th since I need to email Mandy back with final numbers.

I think it is for the teas and coffees ect we get at the end 8) 8)

We have been asked to arrive at 7.15 latest for a prompt start at 7.30

I assume you all know where to find it  ??? ???  and look forward to seeing you all.

Location and post code AB51 0JL in their website

http://www.stewart-trailers.co.uk/find_us.shtml

Well folks Mandy beat  me to it and emailed me this afternoon about final numbers.

I was going to email her tomorrow a week before as promised but I have said there should be 20 of us there at 7.15pm next Thursday.

If anyone can't make it please call me on my mobile as per the PM I sent you since I understand the Stewart's lay on teas and coffees and something to eat.

If they do I hope they have a charity box so we can throw something in as a thank you for taking the time to shows us the way they make those excellent looking trailers

On a downside we won't see Jim's County's they are stored at home and not at the factory :( :(

Never mind Dode aka toyboy is taking his 1/32 Stewart trailer build and well I will maybe look up to the loft and see if I can take a Britain's County along for the photoshoot ;) ;)

Only 5 sleeps away to the visit now folks ;) ;)

In addition to Dode bringing his Stewart trailer Big A aka Andy Ingram said he could bring along some of his Stewart's scratch built ones  8)

We won't see Jim's real  County's so well I may take a County or two or some Big Blue's to hitch up to Dode's or Andy's trailers just for a photo shoot :-\ :-\

Only 5 sleeps away to the visit now folks ;) ;)

In addition to Dode bringing his Stewart trailer Big A aka Andy Ingram said he could bring along some of his Stewart's scratch built ones  8)

We won't see Jim's real  County's so well I may take a County or two or some Big Blue's to hitch up to Dode's or Andy's trailers just for a photo shoot :-\ :-\

I think you may be just a little excited Bill!!! ::);D  Just checked and my mate is definately up for the visit Bill, see you lot on thursday and put some faces to names.

Well Dode it is the first time we really have had a meet up of any great number of FTF members. Only 10 members and 10 guests but its a start and you never know we might get around to organising other trips and or even social events if there is enough interest :-\ :-\

My mate is heading up on the 11th to sign the deal on four 16t Stewarts. Maybe next year I will get to use one .. ..  ;)

hi tris your mate wont be disapointed with the stewart trailer, the farm where i garaged my ice cream van and helped out at the busy times had 5 stewart grain trailers and 2 tri axle low loaders , which were all built the year of foot and mouth and are still going strong with no repairs apart from the usual bulbs etc very strong and high quality builds