kilbroney vintage rally 19th june 2010

mr softie

whilst visiting bor to collect models he suggested that we went to a local vintage rally that was on that day, it was a wonderful day weather display everything just wish i hadnt had to rush home for the ferry, took pictures of the tractors but didnt have time to view the cars or commercials highly recomended day out, and many thanks to brian for a great day

Tell you what Brian, now you have got the hang on this photobucket lark there is no stopping you is there  ::) ::)

Looks like you had a good day though ;D ;D

this could be bad will be taking my camera everywhere now, think theres about another 50 or so pics to upload

the 35x in reply 17 was the wolf in lambs clothing, on close inspection the manufacturers plate stated it was a tafe, many thanks to brian for a great day and maybe next year can make a day of it and see the cars and commercials as well, on comparison i would say this was possibly not far off double the size of the farming yesteryear at scone palace and entry was reasonable only ten pounds per car whether there was 1 or 5 occupants excellent day

that 434 on the baler was my uncles tractor,i spent hours and hours as a boy in the cab with him,it had a lambourne cab originally,my cousin owns it now and he restored it...on a note about the black fergie,i spoke to the owner and there is no apparent reason why its painted black,he told me since he converted it to 4wd and added many feature he simply wanted it to stand out from the rest...We all know that MR FERGUSON only ever made the 1 BLACK TRACTOR....                Also you,ll like to know that the sharknose JD scooped a prize on the day and also that i cant believe some idiot has rebadged a TAFE  as a genuine 35,my god does he think there are no MF men about,this was probably looked upon as a fast way to getting a 35 in his ownership to take to the rally field,its good that the 35 has lived on in this livery but they are a different machine to the trusty and reliable 35 we all knew..TAFE was a company set up by HARRY FERGUSON himself and has been established a long time