waterslide decals

Tractorman810

Question

guys do any of you know of a supplier of good high quallity waterslide decals please, looking for mf 500 series ones, know i bought some of ebay years ago along with a load of marston, claas ect which i stil have, but i  used up the mf ones , so am now looking for some more

14 answers to this question

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll try to help?

Pretty much anything can be photo-shopped, and when reduced to 1/32 scale looks quiet acceptable  :)  After searching the 'net and drawing a blank on the Claas Agrocom On Board logo, I photo shopped the logo from a page in a Lexion brochure. Turned out ok I 'spose!  :)

/malc.

post-1701-132639408885_thumb.jpg

post-1701-1326394090_thumb.jpg

Photo shop is a program for editing/creating graphics images. It's what graphic designers use to manipulate pictures. It's pretty amazing, if not cheap... I've got the CS4 version which is already out of date!

A similar (and free!) alternative is Paint.Net. Nowhere near as powerful, but nowhere near the price!!  :D

Of course, having the software is only half the battle, the other half is learning how to use it!  :(

/m.

One other question - do you have access to a colour laser printer?

You can get ink-jet water-slide paper, but you have to do something with varnish to seal them against the water. The laser printer paper is waterproof from the start, so you avoid having to paint the decals first.

Just something else to think about!  :D

/m.

can you get that stuff in a silver paper then mandy ???, as thats more what i need, updating some of my mf decals thats all, but you cant print silver from a ink or laser printer

i do have access to a colour laser printer via the wife and shes got a plain black oe at home, so the paper is my main issue really, although if someone else did them already thats even easier

Not much will print metallics, you are probably best off painting the silver background, then using clear paper printed with black overlaid on the silver.

You could use a gradient fill on a light grey background to achieve a "this is shiny" effect!  :)

/m.

can you get that stuff in a silver paper then mandy ??? , as thats more what i need, updating some of my mf decals thats all, but you cant print silver from a ink or laser printer

i do have access to a colour laser printer via the wife and shes got a plain black oe at home, so the paper is my main issue really, although if someone else did them already thats even easier

As Malcy_P said, you can't actually print on silver (as in tin foil-like, metallic silver), but you can print out a good matt silver with an inkject printer.