simba press

Paul Palmer

It can be pulled seperately as well Paul, have done so several times in the past for things like pressing ploughed headlands

thankyou for the reply gav,were you pulling a single or double press,and what tractor was pulling it?,the reason i ask is im changing my model layout again,i have a britains solo and a double press,currently pulled by a john deere 8345rt,im changing the tractors to what the farm i work for have,the biggest they have is a massey 8450,big enough to pull each one seperately easily,but would like to know the hp needed  for the double press,cheers gav

It was a 3.3m double press with leading tines, when used separately it was usually pulled by a JD 6900 on wide low profile tyres, think it might have gone on a Ford 8630 a time or too as well. It was more often towed behind the farms 3m Simba 2b discs though, when I first done work there they were pulled by a JD 6900 which wasn't really up to the job and in later days a JD 7810 which could really make the set up work to its full potential.

To make full use of a Solo 330 you would need 200-240hp, I have pulled one with a TM 175, an 8770 and unbelievably a TSA135 :of :of  so I would imagine that 300-350hp would be needed to pull a Solo and trailed press to get the best out of it

It was a 3.3m double press with leading tines, when used separately it was usually pulled by a JD 6900 on wide low profile tyres, think it might have gone on a Ford 8630 a time or too as well. It was more often towed behind the farms 3m Simba 2b discs though, when I first done work there they were pulled by a JD 6900 which wasn't really up to the job and in later days a JD 7810 which could really make the set up work to its full potential.

To make full use of a Solo 330 you would need 200-240hp, I have pulled one with a TM 175, an 8770 and unbelievably a TSA135 :of :of  so I would imagine that 300-350hp would be needed to pull a Solo and trailed press to get the best out of it

thanks again gav,so about 130-140 hp to pull just the double press