uh mf 7499 to a mf 6499

Paul Palmer

Question

9 answers to this question

any mf expert on here that can confirm a uh mf 7499 could be redecaled a 6499,ive looked at the dimensions and tyre sizes and they are identical,any help would be great

cheers paul

i do know you would have to have a dyna 6 decal instead of the dyna vt,but any other differences?

I'm no expert on the new stuff Paul... but I suspect it's pretty much the details you've already mentioned.  I think the backend is different.. but I'm only guessing that in all honesty.  Not sure if the dyna 6 box replaces the vario unit on a like for like basis.

Have you looked in the brochures at cab details ???

I'm no expert on the new stuff Paul... but I suspect it's pretty much the details you've already mentioned.  I think the backend is different.. but I'm only guessing that in all honesty.  Not sure if the dyna 6 box replaces the vario unit on a like for like basis.

Have you looked in the brochures at cab details ???

not yet mark,but i do have the brochure,would just like another 6400 to fill the gap,i made a 6490 convo,but want 1 with the new grill

most of the differences are on the drivers side console..a wheel change would be welcome as well if you,re going to convert the model....if you ever come across real 7499 id love to know the bonnet measurements as i feel the UH 7499 has a bonnet lenght that is a at least 2mm too long..i havent came across a real 7499 in Ireland yet to take this measurement off but i strongly suspect that the bonnet shouldnt be this long....ive looked at shortening it but you would have to cut a bit from the bonnet and then obviously repaint it and also cut the chassis and rejoin it at the correct lenght....ive had this suspicion since i first saw the model......

most of the differences are on the drivers side console..a wheel change would be welcome as well if you,re going to convert the model....if you ever come across real 7499 id love to know the bonnet measurements as i feel the UH 7499 has a bonnet lenght that is a at least 2mm too long..i havent came across a real 7499 in Ireland yet to take this measurement off but i strongly suspect that the bonnet shouldnt be this long....ive looked at shortening it but you would have to cut a bit from the bonnet and then obviously repaint it and also cut the chassis and rejoin it at the correct lenght....ive had this suspicion since i first saw the model......

if anybody would know bor you would,thanks for that,what wheels would you recommend,i see from the mf brochures the tyres are the same size on both models,the bonnet,i have not come across,i have asked my local dealer if they ever get one in to let me know,thanks again bor

id reccomend using the siku valtra wheels as there a nice size for a 7499/6499....on my 7499 i also added a set of fendt 718 wide front mudguards as they look good and apparently to conform to safety standards the front mudguards much cover a certain percentage of the tyre width so thats why i fitted these....i feel maybe the fendt 718 wheel equipment would look inadequate on the mighty 6499/7499 and the siku valtras are significantly bigger,good luck with the convo and Henri Walker does all the decals you,ll need as him and myself designed the entire decal range a year or so back for these models.......

id reccomend using the siku valtra wheels as there a nice size for a 7499/6499....on my 7499 i also added a set of fendt 718 wide front mudguards as they look good and apparently to conform to safety standards the front mudguards much cover a certain percentage of the tyre width so thats why i fitted these....i feel maybe the fendt 718 wheel equipment would look inadequate on the mighty 6499/7499 and the siku valtras are significantly bigger,good luck with the convo and Henri Walker does all the decals you,ll need as him and myself designed the entire decal range a year or so back for these models.......

thanks again bor,i take it the valtra is the t191?decals,i use henri all the time,ive looked through your 7499 topic,great work as always bor,paul