Strange Massey

richie

Called in to see how the display was doing at the tractor museum and got my eye on this Massey 1100, I asked one of the guides what motor it had in and he said a in line Perkins 6 cylinder producing 93 hp,Now is it me or does this look a bit like a john deere with the head lights in the mud guards, the shape of the guards, What about the back end it seems to me a very large one  for a 93 hp tractor, even assist-er rams and that draw bar. Or is this the way Oz's build there masseys.

post-59-132639439463_thumb.jpg

post-59-132639439481_thumb.jpg

It is certainly big for 95hp but then American stuff is always over built and over built well too. Nice Mack rolling past you as well, is it some kind of electric machinery on the back maybe? Wouldn't want too many punctures with all those tyres!  :D :D

It is certainly big for 95hp but then American stuff is always over built and over built well too. Nice Mack rolling past you as well, is it some kind of electric machinery on the back maybe? Wouldn't want too many punctures with all those tyres!  :D :D

Yes Tris it looks like a electric Generator of some sort, 18 axles on it, so what  4-6 tyres on each axle.                                                                                                         

Nothing strange about that Massey except the red grill ,shold be black/aluminium, other than that looks like a standard US built 1100.

Right I see, I thought it was a Australian built. Thanks for that.