Vintage Tractor & Machinery working day - Pitdinnie Farm Fife 19/09/2010

BC

Tomorrow sees the Forrester Country Park Vintage Tractor and Machinery Club hold there working and plough day at Pitdinne Farm, Cairneyhill Fife KY12 8RF. Only 110 to 120 miles down the road from me so assuming the weather is decent I plan a trip down tomorrow as a spectator. I emailed Alex Steele yesterday and he confirmed the event was taking place and opening to the public at 10 am

There are photos of the 2006 event in the attached link

http://www.steelestractors.com/gallery.htm

Well I got a PM from Joe last night saying the weather was not looking so good. I have just checked the BBC weather today and for the area 4am light rain , followed by heavy rain at 7am and back to light rain at 10am. Fog is forecast for 1pm and back to light rain at 4pm. All in all not really worth the 220 odd mile round trip to walk about in a muddy field so I won't be attending this year.

Never mind Lanark next weekend and the bulk of the exhibits are indoors. The lorry and van show is outside on the Sunday but at least that is all on hard standing.