New 2010 brushwood buildings

Mike R

Wow

If i had those when I was a carpet farmer I would have been more than happy

I think the younger generationare lucky to have these!!

the younger generation have the oppertunity to get them but can they or their parents afford them. dont forget the additional price of tractors to go in the shed, not cheap by a long strech

Well no but wjlhen you take into account that they would have some already it would be ok. Plus you don't need to buy UH models to play with.

What I mean is that the level of happiness these would bring would be vast. Also when you think of a hobby these are relatively cheap and better value than a Wii or a Playstation.

I have to say, I don't rate them. If I was a kid who still played hours on end at carpet farming then I'm sure I'd want one. I'm not though and these don't fit the bill for me so I make buildings myself.

Although maybe not as readily available, Grahams are similar in being flat pack and of wooden construction but are far better all round I reckon and by a long way!

I agree with you about Grahams they are good and have loads of detail to

I just think Brushwood 2010 buildings are looking much nicer than the earlier buildings,

and I like making my own too I always find it hard to put the finishing detail to the building.thanks

Mike

i know there over priced and what not put a few hours in the workshop cutting the stupid bits of thats used to join the walls together would soon change them also you could add some finer detail! but in the long run probably cheaper to make your own

• 3 months later...

Graham has been a member on here for five or more years. His username is 'graham' and he has wowed us all with his layouts - three or four he has made now and all on show at Toytrac over the years. County999 also owns some of Grahams buildings and will be found at Toytrac, Malvern and Penrith shows with his layout.

Exactly Beefsteaks. It's not detailed enough to be a model either but sits in that kind of price range.

I think Jez summed it up, carpet farming appeal would be great but like Jordan said, they arn't priced very fair for the parents budgets possibly.

I think Brushwood filled a real gap in the market for well-made (child-proof) 1:32 scale farm models. Before they came along there was only really the Britains playbase and buildings, which didn't last 5 minutes with a child. They are what they - an excellent toy. I shoud think it'd be virtually impossible to make a model that meets EU safety standards and yet could have enough detail for the diorama market, and (as I keep saying ::) ) the children's toy market is far more lucrative - especially if parents are prepared to pay £100 plus for a shed :)

Having said all that, Manor Farm has loaned me a Brushwood Workshop to modify, which I still think can be done... so watch this space ;)

I think you're right Mandy, with each point. I accept they are toys, are for children, are detailed simply for safety and playability but all the above to me, commands a cheaper price. A parent can't be expected to be prepared to pay high prices through companies exploiting the power a child can have in a run up to Christmas or a birthday.

Toys are for kids and should be priced respectfully as the end user isn't picking up the bill.

I know we're getting beyond the initial discussion now ::):-[

I think you're right Mandy, with each point. I accept they are toys, are for children, are detailed simply for safety and playability but all the above to me, commands a cheaper price. A parent can't be expected to be prepared to pay high prices through companies exploiting the power a child can have in a run up to Christmas or a birthday.

Toys are for kids and should be priced respectfully as the end user isn't picking up the bill.

I know we're getting beyond the initial discussion now ::):-[

what he said  :)

i remember using big old cut about grocery boxes for my sheds pair of scissors & loads of sellotape brilliant shed , huge storage capacity  as well , as when you finished playing just turn them upsidown & put yer toys in it  ! to me that was half the fun , building your own sheds  :)

i like the brushwood stuff but i wouldn't pay their prices , for what is like tris said at the collectors end of the scale for toys