Britains muck spreader

jsedelweiss

they would all be the same bar colour tim, only difference i know of is the front roller, some are held in with yellow plastic pins from one side, the later ones are the same as the rear, a silver roller ,the workings are all the same,got a red one with the belt missing some where upstairs, will try and get a pic tommorrow

Yes, took a gander at one of mine. must be one of the later ones as it has the metal rollers. Had a look through my Britains spares and found loads of the yellow plastic parts but alas no rollers. Would not be too difficult to make one from a bit of dowell and drill through and insert a length of brass rod. An original roller would be difficult to fit without seperating the spreader in half lengthways, as they were put together.

This I am assuming is the rear belt roller on the land-drive spreader with the rubber floor belt. These spreaders were green, red and in the set were a metalic blue.

Yes, this is the one i'm after a pic from. I don't have a pic so i'm not so sure at the moment wich bit i'm missing.

Thanks

as requested

theres a matching diecast bar at the other end of the belt to, just i have dropped mine somewhere in the cupboard and cant find it right now, the older versions have a yellow pin through one side at the front to allow fitting,these later ones are just push to one side to remove

152.jpg

151.jpg

150.jpg

white will be hard to find they only did those for the ford blue and deutz green ones, so good luck

as for fitting, the cog on the outside of the body pulls off, allowing removal / fitting

Arr not so hard to fit then. I would have thought it would be hard but i think the best bet is to just paint one. Does anybody have a spare? I still have the cog.

You say that yours should be white? My green spreader has all yellow plastic rear end parts and I've got a bag full of beaters and all the other plastic bits. I'll have another look in the bag to see what's there.

Just had a look, lots of cogs, a few beaters and a couple of the augers but alas no rollers. All in yellow.

You say that yours should be white? My green spreader has all yellow plastic rear end parts and I've got a bag full of beaters and all the other plastic bits. I'll have another look in the bag to see what's there.

Thanks so much! Yes, i have a blue britains muck spreader wich came in a set with the 7610 ford and claas trailer.

You've still got the drive cog so it wouldn't be too difficult to improvise a shaft. If you had something that would slide through the pin hole the other side to the cog, such as a cocktail stick cut off each end to length and then had something like the plastick stick/tube from a cotton bud, they are hollow, and cut it to length so it goes over the stick leaving enough the cog end to push the cog pin into and leave enough of the stick protruding from the other end for the hole in the body, it would not have any side to side movement then. The shaft is really only there to support and hold the drive cog in situ it performs no other purpose. Just an idea off the top of my head.