JOHN DEERE 4240 S and 3640

thanks mpr,you,ve certainly done enough nice jd,s yourself..........i had a disaster at this tractor(more than 1 actually) but what happened was, I went to the local JD dealer and bought a tin of jd green and tin of jd yellow,ive bought them here many times before,took them home and went to shake the can and spray and i noticed that the ball inside the tin wasnt movin..After many attempts of vigorous shaking it still wouldnt budge,so i shook vigorously and sprayed the 1st 2 coats,i noticed that the paint came out much darker than it should have,this was the result of the ball not moving inside....I tried to salvage the tin by shaking ,then painting and then shaking and leaving to settle and then paint but to no avail,eventually took the green can back and they gave me a new tin,so i sanded the whole tractor down with 3m in between coats sanding pad,these things are excellent....So my hard earned lesson that id like to pass on is ALWAYS SHAKE A CAN OF PAINT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SHOP....hope no one has the hassle i did,it made me even more determined to get the tractor right.....

thanks mpr,you,ve certainly done enough nice jd,s yourself..........i had a disaster at this tractor(more than 1 actually) but what happened was, I went to the local JD dealer and bought a tin of jd green and tin of jd yellow,ive bought them here many times before,took them home and went to shake the can and spray and i noticed that the ball inside the tin wasnt movin..After many attempts of vigorous shaking it still wouldnt budge,so i shook vigorously and sprayed the 1st 2 coats,i noticed that the paint came out much darker than it should have,this was the result of the ball not moving inside....I tried to salvage the tin by shaking ,then painting and then shaking and leaving to settle and then paint but to no avail,eventually took the green can back and they gave me a new tin,so i sanded the whole tractor down with 3m in between coats sanding pad,these things are excellent....So my hard earned lesson that id like to pass on is ALWAYS SHAKE A CAN OF PAINT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE SHOP....hope no one has the hassle i did,it made me even more determined to get the tractor right.....

Thanks BOR  :)

I have made the same mistake but in my case it was the color to old. And it's always sad when it happens because i know you put a lot of  hours behind that conversion.

But you got a great result at the end. ;)

Regards Pete