General starting help

jdpowerfarmer

Question

Hello everyone, I am starting my model farm again for the third time, I don't have much room at the moment but am planning on taking over a 1/3rd of our loft space by making a room up there, but anyway that's another story altogether. I am asking for anyones help in scrathbuilds and conversions. I have got quite a few different siku and Britains models but they don't look very realitic. I was wondering If i say wanted to make a trailer or any other implement for that matter where would I buy the materials from and what materials do I need. Is there any tools imparticular that I will need to do this? Would a small air sprayer be handy for painting them? what kind of cutter do I need?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me sort this out.

5 answers to this question

Hello Andrew, the best place to look for answers to the questions you have is in the various conversion topics and model farm topics. Most model shops sell card, wood and plastics which can all be used in a number of ways for a number of things. Many websites sell parts for vehicle modifying and for scenic materials for dioramas too. There are some handy hints and tips in the hints and tips section, how to's, help and advice, ideas and even a topic on the tools people use within the hobby.

Have a look, you'll soon be getting on with something I am sure  :) :)

Thanks I'v had a look round and have got more an idea of what I need to do to make some new models. My only concern is I havn't yet found any plastic thats like box iron if you know what I mean so its like a long cuboid stake of plastic so I can make chassis and the edges of buckrakes out of Etc, i have found a lot of sheet plastic though.