Top quialty decal paper ???

DM  Farm  Model's

Question

4 answers to this question

;) Biggest shop in the World stock's all kind's of decal paper,http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=decal+paper&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Take your pick,

Regards

Joe.

yes but its a bit hit and miss on ebay  :-\

i need to find some thing that someone would recomend there is plenty of model converters on hear that make there own decals and have found a decent quiality paper that will last for a long time

There are few choices and all suitable for inkjects:

Self Adhesive

Pros - easy to use and available in mat and gloss

Cons - edges very visible on your model

Dry Decal Rub Off

Pros - excellent results, very sticky and very thin. Available in clear and white.

Cons - will pull paint off any models that you paint yourself. Fiddly to use. Won't work with all types of inkjet (works fine with most HP models, but doesn't seem to like Canons). Not cheap at £2.50 a sheet.

Waterslide

Pros - available white or clear. Good results on mosts surfaces. Works with most inkjets.

Cons - Fiddly to use as you have to seal the paper before use. They're not ultra sticky so best to seal with varnish to keep them in place.

I hope this is helpful. These are the papers I regularly use and what I've found is different papers work best with different projects - but if you look on www.CrafyComputerPaper.com you'll find some handy demos :)