UH Dexta Scale Discussion

stehos

glad the superb G&M version of the Dexta is in my possesion. Also wonder if this model will be as small as the already released Dexta as that one seems to be too small scalewise...

Hello Wil,

can you take a picture of the two together? so we can see if the UH is smaller than the G&M version.

Also the decal on the bonnet is the new Performance one and not the badge from the original ones.

Jack.

that is quite a significant difference  :'(  I had wondered before about the size of the UH models. I always felt that the Fendt 818 and 820 where to small as well.

here it is Jack:

from left to right

Chad Valley - Universal Hobbies - G&M Farmmodels

I also have the Ford 2000 from UH which pretty much is the same size as the Dexta, while it's counterpart made by Danbury Mint is the same size as the G&M's

I have too, but am sure that the UH models of the Dexta are not the right scale.

I also notice that UH will be making a Fordson Super Major. The same as the Doe version of 2010. However without the wheel weights and licence plate. But WITH the Ernest Doe dealer sticker??? wonder what Ernest Doe thinks of that...

The following dimensions are taken from the NIAE report of 1958 for the Dexta.

length overall,  128.5"  Height to top of exhaust, 74"  Height to top of steering wheel 54",

Wheelbase 73.5". According to data I have the diameter of 11.25x28 cross ply tyres is 52".

After measuring my G and M Dexta,the rear tyres are 1/2" too big which makes the model stand 1/4" too high, checking the front stub axles agaist a fullsize tractor,they are 0.150" too high, which has probably been done to compensate for the oversize tyres. I havent bought a UH Dexta yet and I would appreciate if someone could measure one up and compare against the above measurements. This is my first attempt at posting on here, although I am ashamed to say I have been a member for a few years, so I hope it works. If so I will post a few pictures of my current projects.

Thanks for the post Bill!

I am sure someone will come back with some UH dexta measurements for comparison!

Cracking first post though! I have now moved this debate into a seperate topic.  :)

• 2 weeks later...