What work wear, to wear?

AlexMF

Amblers steel for boots, light, comfy, flexible and very waterproof, even although you wouldn't think it to look at them. i'm a joiner working on building sites clambering on roofs and trusses, kicking timber frame panels into place, and generally tramping through mud and puddles and i would swear by them. i would say i'm pretty hard on boots with the nature of my work but these boots last me about nine months to a year, used them for about the last 8 years or so and wouldn't look at anything else. Also not killed on price either at around the 45 quid mark. As for trousers and jumpers/hoodies try Mascot workwear, with the punishment they get as described above they usually last me about 18months to 2 years and i would say thats pretty good going, roughly around the 50quid mark though, but you gets what you pay for!!!!

Has anyone tried redback boots? They used to advertise in the farmers weebly, not cheap boots but they look like they are worth it.

Still on my big bear dealers but the company stopped selling them according to our local dealers

• 2 months later...

Here's a work wear update from me, I'm forever snapping the buttons off my trousers, so have modified them with velcro... which seems to do the job, but only because there's never much weight in my trousers! I've also found during the recent snow, that they are very much "keep you cool indoors" not "keep you warm outdoors" trousers! I've also just bought some new trainers for work not worn them for a shift yet, just wearing them in round the flat. Because my £30 Nikes were looking a bit weary, and they have started to cause me knee/ foot pain. Mrs AlexMF and I went down to TKMaxx for some clobber for the flat/ to be miserly bargainisters. I ended up in the mens shoe section while Mrs AlexMF was looking at bars of soap and swimsuits... they had some Reebok ZigNanos reduced from £90-£29.99. My First thought "God they're vulgar", undeterred I then tried them on and what a revelation! So light, so comfy & they somehow (witchcraft) put a spring in your step or something due to the Zig-Zag sole. They also have a removable foam insole to allow an orthotic insole to be inserted. Which will be my next purchase if the knee pain continues. To give an idea of just how vulgar, Here's Lewis Hamilton looking worried by his (same colours as mine!) 5C9EC87739946EFC2C7BF994DB4B0.jpg
and here's Amir Khan in his, not even Kelly Brook can distract him from how awful his trainers look.  
Amir+Kahn+Kelly+Brook+Amir+Khan+showcase
anyway, form over function and all that... I'll let you know how I get on.
"if your knees don't hurt, you're lying"