Grimme GL32b potato planter

i wont be building any more of these,it was a one off for myself...they are way too complicated to make to sell..if i was to charge for the time and parts for this one id need over £250 so i decided not to do more....ill be doing a front grimme fertilizer unit very soon to complete the outfit and maybe even a tank on it as well

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as can be seen so far the potato set up in model form is very unique as everything has to be made and each item has its own problems....im expecting the destoner to be a major headache but cant stop now,ill have to see it through to the end

the de-stoner you should do should be the combi start CS 1500. i say this as it is one of the best destoners and one of the most widely used across the board of potato farmers.

oh and good luck for the de-stoner it will be a hard model to build

thanks jordan for your reply and your advice,my cousins used to have a gl32b before the main man took a heart attack drawing home a load of spuds in the scania,then there were no more spuds on a farm that grew spuds for over 50 years..........my ridger and bedtiller will soon be getting the mouldboards etc painted silver for the working look,they,ve been new long enough now,and ive a nice big harrow to bust them furrows open before the ridger comes in

depends on my future set up,at minute ive a room for models and everything is displayed in small diaramas all individual,when i complete my planting set up i intend setting up a large table and on top have my potato planting diarama,if i think i can find room to have a yard and the unloading process i may well get stuck into the store filling side of things,anything is possible but the time is the killer....im now starting full time work again and this will have a big effect on my model building............but maybe itll happen and im now getting more keen on the idea

• 3 weeks later...

that turned out fair well brian mite be somthing ill get to some day . i have the webbes sitting hear for the destoner when ever you want them

yea ciaran is very correct brian this has tuirned out to be the real deal. we have one ourselves and it is wow every deatil is in it :D to say im in love would be an understatement ::)

thanks lads.im hoping to complete the front fertiliser unit tommorrow and paint it over the weekend,it was nearly as hard to build as the planter,potato equipment really is very complex to make in model form.....then the only item ive left to make is the destoner and thats my planting set up ready fro moira show in october...ill have to put some thought into the soil and the ridges etc for the diarama.

the destoner is already rolling round( in my head)...............ive narrowed my choices of destoners down to 3 models...............itll be a project alright

Have you made up your mind yet Brian or is it a secret? I've got a parts book for a reekie 5154 (the same as Murphys ran). There's very detailed side and front/rear views in it. It'd make scaling alot easier. You can borrow them if they'd be any use to you.

thanks davy but its down to the reekie reliance in the green colours or a combistar 1500 or the later cw1500 model....i am thinking of making 2 of whatever machine i make but that could change due to the problematic nature of the build..i hope to be starting it within 3 weeks

thanks davy but its down to the reekie reliance in the green colours or a combistar 1500 or the later cs1500 model....i am thinking of making 2 of whatever machine i make but that could change due to the problematic nature of the build..i hope to be starting it within 3 weeks

the reliance in green is the exact same as the 5154 in red just a different colour. Maybe you have plenty of litiature on it anyway.

i may get back to you on that davy.....could happen yet.....evrything else i have now is grimme so i may keep grimme the whole way or indeed throw in a bit of the light green.....painted my grimme front fertiliser unit today,ill post pics up tommorrow,it was very confusing to work out,i thought it was going to be handy enough but no such luck,but glad now ive done it

murphys told me that they had a grimme cs1500 out on a field demo and when it came harvesting time the land that the grimme destoned was full of stones,they always reported the reekie to be a very efficient and thorough machine

the frame detail...a lot of work went into this and it was frustrating because you need to space everything out on the bottom first but you can only make the frame by starting at the top and working down,my 1st frame was thrown out as it wasnt right

post-1779-13263979762_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639797631_thumb.jpg