John Deere paint colour. HELP!

justy 46

Question

Hi lads. Im trying to build a Front mounted JD 131 Mower to go with the Britains 535 Mower conditioner. But i cant seem to match the colours & its driving me crazy.  :-\. Im mixing Hurmol & Revell paints and cant get right. Can any one help or give me tips. :)

15 answers to this question

Surley you mean, is it DEERE?.....ha haha ha - i'll get my coat!

Last time i bought some it was about £9 for a 400ml can (I think) but it does last a long time.

If i want to apply it with a brush, i save jam jar lids, give them a wash, spray some out of the can into the jam jar lid and apply with a brush (spray the can outside otherwise you will get told off......i do!!)

Surley you mean, is it DEERE?.....ha haha ha - i'll get my coat!

Last time i bought some it was about £9 for a 400ml can (I think) but it does last a long time.

If i want to apply it with a brush, i save jam jar lids, give them a wash, spray some out of the can into the jam jar lid and apply with a brush (spray the can outside otherwise you will get told off......i do!!)

Thats it lad. Next time im passing FARM DOWER in Cork ,im dropping in for a can of it. Cause i also what to put a front linkage from my Imber Ford 5640 on a Siku JD 7530 for a bita realisem. So ill be painting up that also to take this front mower. The front linkage that came with the Ford is a bit much for a tractor of that size,so ill put to better use on the JD. Cheers Barry . Thanks ;):)

I have a can of it, it's 400 or 500ml (it's in the shed i'll check later) bought it a couple of months ago, it was meant to be £10.54 or £10.58 or something, but the dealer was a decent bloke and gave me it for £10, Happy days!  ;)

Yeah i sould have tought of getting a can of it from day 1.  I only kind of started doing tractor conversions 6 months ago with my FORD 8210 & 8830 . But this JD mower is my first shot at doing an implement.  Its going fine bar the colour mishap. You will learn as you go along i spose. Cheers for that lad. ;):)

Yeah i sould have tought of getting a can of it from day 1.  I only kind of started doing tractor conversions 6 months ago with my FORD 8210 & 8830 . But this JD mower is my first shot at doing an implement.  Its going fine bar the colour mishap. You will learn as you go along i spose. Cheers for that lad. ;):)

Nice, if you can manage tractor conversions you should be alright with implements, i find them easier than tractors  ;)

it is ok going to the john deere  dealer for paint but most motor factors who supply the motor trade  can supply you paint in an aerosol can of your choice ie john deere green /massey ferguson red etc ,just a couple of things to watch out is that siku ,wiking, Britain's ,uh and ertl toys/ model and the real tractors what you will find they are all different shades of green furthermore what ever colour you go for check the colour both inside under normal lighting and out side in normal light as this has a great effect on the colour ( Metameric) just a tip from me the paint tec  ;) ;)

The term illuminant metameric failure is sometimes used to describe situations where two material samples match when viewed under one light source but not another. Most types of fluorescent lights produce an irregular or peaky spectral emittance curve, so that two materials under fluorescent light might not match, even though they are a metameric match to an incandescent "white" light source with a nearly flat or smooth emittance curve. Material colors that match under one source will often appear different under the other.

get your laughing gear round that then  ;D ;D ;D

You lost me after saying "Its ok going to the John Derre dealer"  ;D  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I have just sprayed an Ertl JD 8430 rear fenders in dealer JD paint and it is different to the original Ertl JD paint colour, so will maybe look to paint the whole lot now!?!

Peter, any idea what to use as a primer on resin, was going to use Tamiya grey primer spray paint?

barry for your resin parts just normal primer will do the job nothing special for that but if you are doing plastic it is very very important to use proper plastic primer ( adhesion promoter) ,also prepare the surface so the primers have some thing to grip to ,look out in the next model farmer mag i am doing a article on this subject resin / plastic

the whole painting thing is so vast and people wonder why they have problems .

any how barry if there is any thing i and help you with just ask mate my advice is f.o.c

Cheers Peter, having spent the best part of 4 hours cleaning, sanding and cleaning a JD bonnet I got resin cast, I don't want to fall at the final stage!!

Will PM you about some other stuff nearer the time  :)

Ok lads. Got the spray can of JD paint & tryed it out. Its certainly better than the first method i was using. So i painted up the front mower & noticed the colour matched the Britains rear mower conditioner quite well,but was a tad bit darker than the Siku JD 7530 tractor that im going to be using to take the mower combo. But im quiet happy with it anyhow. So still a few finshing touches to do to both the front mower & the front linkage on the tractor. Will post pics very soon. Cheers guys. :)