scania r 620 mf truck & john dickinson all done ( finished)

Great (as we come to expect from you!) job with the paint, nice and glossy and plenty of depth too. I see John Dickenson trucks around a lot on my travels, especially around the ports. I can't ever remember seeing a 4x2 Scania though ??? Nearly always DAF, MAN or Mercedes and 6x2's midlifts.

yes your dead right they use to run some  scania`s a few years ago but most of the fleet is man,daf and he has one merc ,but as you know me i mostly work on siku and these trucks have great detail  to start with and 1/32 scale  good quality die cast  trucks are big problem from whats available to use as a base ,so to start making these in to 6x2 starts to get a bit pricey and to use the siku man truck only available in ( remote control type ) the job would be well over £200 before we start  ,so when i deal with my customers i explain all of this along with they are all left hand drive and all of them so far are more than happy to have there livery put on this type or truck with in the price i charge for that ,most i deal with are just happy that there is some one out there who is willing to do one off or 20 of  in there livery .corgi either don't want to know or have a minimal order

when i get on to the Frank Hudson transport ones they should hit the spot ;)

if i was doing one for my self i would probably go to all of the trouble of all the above ,i could do with getting hold of some extra wheels or getting some fake ones cast then i could consider adding them so it looks a proper job

i could not bring my self to put all my hard work in to a new ray truck ,because they are a bit to much plastic for me ,just like the 1/32 scale new shape  plastic transit vans you can get for £5 in toy master ,i get asked to paint them  all the time ,but it is ok for me because i only pay £41 inc vat for the siku trucks any way  :) :)

It's a shame they only came in day cab rigid spec to be honest as they are a nice model with full door frame and nicer wheels than the New Rays. You'll notice the side panel moulding does not quite match but it's minute detail for a nicer model once done. I'm not all that experienced with paint though to be honest, I reckon you'd make one of these look the ball licks. White seems a hard colour to do but from what you have done in white you make it look brilliant.

Hey Peter how long before we get a Eddie Stobart one?  ;D

never ,to many die cast toy companies doing them ,i am just interested mainly in the companies in this area unless some one approaches me to do there livery ,there is a big truck show down the road from here at the end of this month and i will be approaching some of them with my concept of having the trucks done in there colours 1,2 or 20 of

Just a bit of random info here, I seen a John Dickson lorry today over here (N.I.) I only recognised it from the pictures you posted of the model version, It was a MAN one.  :D

i must have done my job right for you to recognize the livery  ;) ;) i should have them all stickered up by the end of the week ,

never ,to many die cast toy companies doing them ,i am just interested mainly in the companies in this area unless some one approaches me to do there livery ,there is a big truck show down the road from here at the end of this month and i will be approaching some of them with my concept of having the trucks done in there colours 1,2 or 20 of

I agree they are too numerous, there's a company down my way called Houseman International and I've been thinking of doing one of theirs, pretty complicated for me though. They move a lot of farm stuff too.