Maize harvest already

harvey123

Well yesterday (Thursday 18 August) the contractor that i sometimes help asked me if i wanted to go for a ride out to pick up the new forager, it's an 11-plate claas jaguar 900, but i ended up buckraking yesterday night for MAIZE, now the crop was ready but it was still very short in some areas, and was rather heavy, just wondered if anybody else knew of any about ready to be harvested? It's really really early for round here!

coming back from liverpool yesterday i saw a maize team moving through the country lanes, a claas jaguar 960, 3 new holland T70?? with 14 or 16 ton baileys, and a john deere 7430 with a buckrake on a lowloader trailer behind.

saying that though there was a very good high crop about 7-9ft hight near stoke on trent that i would say was ready and some of the corn crops have started to brown off a bit now, the crops are loosing that rich grren colour