Mearns Vintage Rally Sale Saturday 27th August 2011

BC

Today the Mearns vintage vehicle rally held their annual vintage sale with over 500 lots at Arnhall Farm near Edzell in Angus. Before lunch I went the 27 mile scenic road from Banchory, Strachan  via the Cairn of Mount to Fettercairn and Edzell.

There were one tractor and one crawler at the sale and neither made their reserve price so were not sold.

First a 1954 TEF 20 Diesel Ferguson which went as far as £ 1,550. The one I had but onsold made £ 2,600 many years ago but that was a bit over the top. I would have said £ 1,550 but maybe the seller was thinking of the commission off that which I think was 10% would have netted him £ 1,395. Personally I think £ 1,550 was a decent price.

ST836300.jpg

ST836301.jpg

The International TD8 crawler failed to sell at £ 1,500....maybe the dodgy battery was against it.... ;) ;)

ST836302.jpg

ST836303.jpg

ST836304.jpg

This one I thin k is maybe owned by the club or is lent to them every year but it wasn't up for sale.

ST836298.jpg

ST836299.jpg