Scottish National Tractor Show - Lanark 24 and 25 September 2011

BC

The Scottish National Tractor show will be held on the weekend of Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September 2011 at the Lawrie and Symington Agricultural centre in Lanark MLL 9AX

Tractors and models will feature on both days and on Sunday there will be a classic commercial show as well.

This year the show is featuring 100 years of FORD and the organisers were asking for exhibitors to dig out their Fords, Fordson tractors, commercials,heavy and light and cars.

On the Saturday there will be a large vintage sale which will commence at 10.30am.

On the Sunday morning there will be the "Haggis" tractor road run which is organised by the Avon Valley Vintage Power with the proceeds being donated to International Rescue.

There are 25 classes in the show and there are awards for each including the junior model display and the senior model display. Damian and Hazel usually attend on the Sunday but they have advised me they will be there both days and displaying. Good to see they are creeping further and further up into Scotland with their fantastic display.

In terms of traders I'm not sure at this point in time who all will be attended but I know G&M Farm Models will be there which reminds me I need to review and update my order.

I will be attending the show both days so hope to catch up with some FTF members. Any other members planning to attend ???

Oh dear Brian the traders takings will be down a bit without you...maybe I'll have to help them out ;) ;)

yes bill im sure you can make up the spend here for what they will loose without me being there and im not doing spalding either this year, saving myself for moira and penrith

The sale catalogue is available for download. It will be interesting to see the customised Ford TW30 and will it sell :-\ .

http://www.lawrie-and-symington.com/sale-dates/

You will see photos of it if you go into the appropriate link above. I'm sure this tractor featured in Classic Tractor or one of the magazines a few years ago.

September 24, 2011 all day

Scottish Vintage Auction    - SAT 24TH and SUN 25TH SEP. SCOTTISH CLASSIC TRACTOR SHOW AUCTION and VINTAGE JUMBLE. Auction- Saturday at 10.30am. Show Sunday Including 190 Ring Items, 360 Implements,45 Tractors to include Field Marshall Series 11, Ford TW30 (Customised), MF 135 Ferguson TEA, Ford 3000, Fordson Dextra, Fordson Major.

I spent an enjoyable day at the show from 8 am till 5pm today and met up with many acquaintances.  I managed to buy 19 new and only one second hand model so the boot of my car is quite fill now. I'll be going back tomorrow to collect tractor spares for a friend and in addition view the commercial vehicle and truck show.

On to yesterdays sale of tractors. The place was buzzing and it was difficult getting close and hearing the auctioneer. I have listed the prices I heard (not all were sold). Unfortunately I did not stay and get all prices but I will post photos and try and obtain prices today.

Lot 1001

1965 Nuffield 10/60 good runner and registered

Made £ 660

ST838162.jpg

Lot 1002

1965 Nuffield 10/60 converted to 6 cyl - not registered and requires a starter

Made £ 600 but might not have been sold.

ST838161.jpg

Lot 1003

1952 Fordson Standard Major Diesel - non runner

Made £ 420

ST838160.jpg

Lot 1004

1979 Ford 4600

Made £ 1,900

ST838159.jpg

Lot 1005

BMC 9/16 with loader partly restored

Made £ 1,300 but not sure if sold