Deere-est's Bits n Bobs

Deere-est

Question

Well here is what I was up to over the weekend, with a sheet of 0.8mm ply and some square dowl you can do endless little bits and bobs for your farm yard. Here are a few disposably type pallets, the sort you see down the builders merchants.

Here is what you need 3mm dowel not shown. A measuring tape, a straight edge, a craft knife and of course the madatory 0.8mm ply for the pallet planks. I cut them 4mm wide.

Use two planks to glue the dowel at the required distance, making sure it is square with one plant at either end. Then work your way from one end to the other, my spacings are a shade under 2mm.

• Answers 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Box looks good Tris.... I bet that is easier to do than was them... they seem to take Aaaaaaaaaages to wax...

I say the hinges look good as well... leave them as they are... I can get Barry to crash a landrover into them as well if you like... just for authenticity  ;)

Cheers everyone, they will stay as they are then for authentic repairs carried out many moons ago!!

Gromittigger

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7216.0

- is the workshop and it's stages.

And

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3054.0

- is where it all started.

And

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=6288.15

- is where one of them ended  :'(

Well with no root crops on the farm I had to find a use for Mayk's spud box. .. ..  And what better use. ..  We all need to have tidy up now and again so I just had a wander round the progressing yard and picked up all the bale wrap and twine laying about the place.

:)

Well with no root crops on the farm I had to find a use for Mayk's spud box. .. ..  And what better use. ..  We all need to have tidy up now and again so I just had a wander round the progressing yard and picked up all the bale wrap and twine laying about the place.

did you use one of those picker things the council use  :D :D :D::)

nice small details there though Tris ;)

That's a nice touch Tris... Have you got any pallets dotted around as well... with some old oily "thing" on it  ???

There will be mate yeah. Got some of those bricks off of ebay to stack on a pallet or two. A few other bit's and pieces too I expect.

But I did manage to make head or tail of it after all!!! It took about 2hrs to glue them all together. Alot of it had to be done with tweezers and then aligning little pieces with the tip of a hobby knife blade. My eye's are frazzled now, been squinting for two hours!!

They did but it is one of those all fingers and thumbs jobs if you know what I mean Jase. Got half a dozen small pieces left but I'm not worried too much. Bit of paint slapped on them and they'll look even more dandy.  :)

I'l do your if you want Ben yeah  :)

Two coats of grey are on the three sets now. Detailing later on or tomorrow.

Now making a tree!!

Is there no end to this boys talents?!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Scott, it's a Caomao set, did a Google and the only link that appears is an Ebay shop - figurines though.  :(

Don't you just like the way that a lot of us are progressing beyond the tractor/implement side of our hobby into other realms of 1/32 too make our dioramas more realistic

Well done for this all partisipants

Nice job Deere-est looks the part for a workshop

Our hobby intrerests are moveing on in leaps and bounds since I first started out on this forum and its a very encouraging thing to behold