Fliegl ASW288

neilw

At about 20 tonnes carrying capacity, it would certainly be well illegal behind an agricultural tractor in the UK.  The UK weight limit is 24390kg gross train weight for an agricultural tractor trailer combination, and a maximum permitted gross weight of 18290 for the trailer itself.

The only way to use that legally on UK roads would be to tow it with a tractor which is licensed and operated as a large goods vehicle (and the only 'agricultural' tractor which will currently comply with the necessary emissions and drive-by noise regulations for such licensing is a Unimog).

54.90€ Tris,or £ 47.06,it's on my shopping list,as I will never see one in my neck of the woods,hydraulic push unloading,safer than tipping,you can stick it on the Siku ::) dolly and make it an artic,

Regards

Joe.

Thats what I was thinking!!!!

At about 20 tonnes carrying capacity, it would certainly be well illegal behind an agricultural tractor in the UK.  The UK weight limit is 24390kg gross train weight for an agricultural tractor trailer combination, and a maximum permitted gross weight of 18290 for the trailer itself.

The only way to use that legally on UK roads would be to tow it with a tractor which is licensed and operated as a large goods vehicle (and the only 'agricultural' tractor which will currently comply with the necessary emissions and drive-by noise regulations for such licensing is a Unimog).

A friend of mine had a Fliegl push-off trailer on trial a couple of years ago. They are very suited for high volume, low mass, materials, such as woodchip. The big advantage of them is the ability to compress the load during filling to maximise the volume being transported. They are also very light trailers - which my friend saw as a problem on Irish roads.