ford tw35 / tw15 wheel base.

IAINH1973

Question

I have started to think about all the conversion possibilities of the uh fords that are coming our way in Jan/Feb. Here is a question for the ford experts. Is the wheel base, front axle to back axle the same on a tw 35 and  the smaller tw15. From all the photos I have it looks pretty similar but i have been unable to find any measurements .Im sure someone will know.

7 answers to this question

I have started to think about all the conversion possibilities of the uh fords that are coming our way in Jan/Feb. Here is a question for the ford experts. Is the wheel base, front axle to back axle the same on a tw 35 and  the smaller tw15. From all the photos I have it looks pretty similar but i have been unable to find any measurements .Im sure someone will know.

wheelbase for tw 15 is 267 cm the tw 35 is 281 cm the same as the tw 25

I am in the process of making a bonnet for a TW15 (1984 and 1987 models), and have been researching this lately. The last link Katana posted states that the TW 15 and TW25 have the same wheelbase of 2668mm, which is contrary to what I had thought of the TW25 and 35 being the same wheelbase but slightly different LOA.

From the images at the top, it is visible (just) that this is the case, and I am assuming from the images these are the bubble cab models on sale from '83-'85.

One would hope that UH's model being and '84 would have had the wheel base difference to the 8830 but I won't hold my breath... Can anyone else with a brochure from this era confirm it?

I already have dimensions for a TW20 from '79-'82 and these are different again, but I got this from an '81 X plate real life machine, which is approx. 2790mm.

Assistance from the true blue bloods would be much appreciated!