how do all. picked up this 1/32 scale ertl prestige case axial flow 9120 combine from the ernest doe show in essex yesterday. combine comes in a fairly compact box for the size of model and is held in polystyrene case and blow moulded plastic insert, no ties or screws here. :) model comes with cereal header and maize header, not sure of widths as model has come in from germany, so look at pics and try and guess as i am sure you will get some idea. model detail is fairly good but painted mirror inserts is a gripe and i removed flashing beacons and added 1/32 scale 5 mm ones i got from a model parts supplier as the originals were painted ones. [typical ertl] i also added self adhesive jewels to work lights as they were painted on ones [ typical ertl] and added driving headlights as it had not got any on model at all. headers are plastic, but do feel fairly well made and not fragile, and when they are in the lowered position will rotate through forward motion. cereal header has good detail reel with tines fitted that will rotate over the lenght of header. both headers when on the machine will tilt left and right. on the combine, cab interior is o.k but the multi-function lever on right of driver position is far to big, if this is to scale then the real machine will have one the size of a frying pan!!. main body of machine is metal wth plastic grain tank, cab, steps, chopper etc. the grain tank is made permanantly open, and the inside of the grain tank has great detail. engine detail is again just about o.k [matches norev 770 tt]. steps turn forward and the chopper raises and lowers. rear wheels are of good size and good rubber fitted, and the steering works well. this machine is fitted with tracks and detail is excellent. tracks rotate with forward motion very well, and tracks also pitch for and aft to mimmick suspension. trace/elevator housing, which recieves headers raises and lowers but this one is very, very stiff. there is good detail to side of trace/ elevator housing to depict pipes and hoses etc.combine has no header trailer which is a shame, but britains make one that would be adequate for around £18. the combine has no hook for header trailer, but does have a towing eye. to sum up, this model has good detail but will not match u/h or schuco combines, but comes close to the norevs in my opinion. this model cost £69, and my norev 770tt cost £89 but came with a good quality header trailer. take a look at the two machines together and post feedback on the sizes side by side. should they sit like that together, or is one to large or to small. overal i am happy with this combine as i had not got a case in my collection, and it will stay on display until....... u/h or schuco release a case. now for the pics, i hope they are better than replicagri 1055 review pics yesterday. rgds, chris.post-3323-0-38056900-1328801998_thumb.jppost-3323-0-10375900-1328802047_thumb.jppost-3323-0-35389100-1328802091_thumb.jppost-3323-0-48988200-1328802135_thumb.jppost-3323-0-47907000-1328802181_thumb.jppost-3323-0-81839200-1328802263_thumb.jppost-3323-0-28770800-1328802310_thumb.jppost-3323-0-99355300-1328802356_thumb.jppost-3323-0-04695600-1328802403_thumb.jppost-3323-0-91948200-1328802456_thumb.jppost-3323-0-05749900-1328802511_thumb.jppost-3323-0-18727100-1328802564_thumb.jppost-3323-0-33845500-1328802612_thumb.jppost-3323-0-20228200-1328802661_thumb.jppost-3323-0-78390000-1328802717_thumb.jppost-3323-0-85282300-1328802762_thumb.jp

Looking at them side by side there's not much between them.I agree with you that the grain tank is very detailed which is a plus from me but the one thing I like about this model that I don't see on the Claas models is the window into the grain tank from the cab is glazed and that for me is an excellent touch.

Thanks for the interesting review; you've given a very fair appraisal I think. I got this version a couple of weeks ago direct from the Case-IH online shop (cost a little more with postage than you paid :'( ).

Just a couple of points I would add:

....this 1/32 scale ertl prestige case axial flow 9120 combine....

The version you have here is not the actual Ertl Prestige edition (in spite of what it says on the bottom), although it is only slightly different;

This is a special limited issue 'Milestone' edition of 2500 done for Case-IH in Germany to tie in with the Axial Flow being part of the 'Meilenstein der Landtechnik' (Milestones in Agricultural Engineering) Exhibition which was in one of the halls at Agritechnica last year. It is basically the same as the US issue 9120 apart from having the 'Meilenstein der Landtechnik' decals and the cab access platform and steps - the US Prestige edition on tracks has retained the wider access platform/steps from the earlier Prestige AFX8010 on dual wheels, whereas this European issue has the narrower platform/steps from the standard Britains issue 8120.

......but painted mirror inserts is a gripe ..........flashing beacons ......were painted ones. [typical ertl] ........work lights were painted on ones [ typical ertl].....

Bear in mind that this is a limited issue for which Case-IH are charging a significant premium and the normal Britains wheeled version of this combine retails at about £35, and the normal Ertl Prestige version sells in the US for $55 or so (which converts to £35 at current exchange rates) ;) .

....has no header trailer which is a shame, but britains make one that would be adequate for around £18.

Unfortunately, the rather basic American style Ertl header trailer which has been in the Britains catalogue has been deleted this year (Ertl dropped it last year).

Thanks for the interesting review; you've given a very fair appraisal I think. I got this version a couple of weeks ago direct from the Case-IH online shop (cost a little more with postage than you paid :'( ).

The version you have here is not the actual Ertl Prestige edition (in spite of what it says on the bottom), although it is only slightly different;

This is a special limited issue 'Milestone' edition of 2500 done for Case-IH in Germany to tie in with the Axial Flow being part of the 'Meilenstein der Landtechnik' (Milestones in Agricultural Engineering) Exhibition which was in one of the halls at Agritechnica last year. It is basically the same as the US issue 9120 apart from having the 'Meilenstein der Landtechnik' decals and the cab access platform and steps - the US Prestige edition on tracks has retained the wider access platform/steps from the earlier Prestige AFX8010 on dual wheels, whereas this European issue has the narrower platform/steps from the standard Britains issue 8120.

Bear in mind that this is a limited issue for which Case-IH are charging a significant premium and the normal Britains wheeled version of this combine retails at about £35, and the normal Ertl Prestige version sells in the US for $55 or so (which converts to £35 at current exchange rates) ;) .

Unfortunately, the rather basic American style Ertl header trailer which has been in the Britains catalogue has been deleted this year (Ertl dropped it last year).

clive, thanks for pointing out these points, they are really helpfull. i didnt know i had a limited edition model. i was looking at getting a model from the u.s.a but by the time you have paid $55 for model, $40 for shipping and then maybe get caught for import v.a.t £20-£30 i thought i would wait to see if i could get one here. ernest does had 8 header trailers in stock yesterday, so i had better order one sharpish. thanks for your comments on the review, i wish more people would enter a comment or two, as i feel i am wasting my time. if i dont get much joy i wont bother anymore. models are expensive, so i think a review, no matter how small, could help people make up their minds before they waste their hard earned readys, and i think plenty of pics can be more informative than just the one or two on sales websites. thanks again clive, rgds, chris.

I haven't got this exact machine, but I'd say you are perhaps being a little harsh on the Norev model, I'd say it is quite a way better than the case. The fineness and precision of much of the detailing (rails, engine, lighting, intake elevator to name a few) are all considerably higher quality. But it's very useful to see pictures side by side and as you say, reviews are always handy.

I haven't got this exact machine, but I'd say you are perhaps being a little harsh on the Norev model, I'd say it is quite a way better than the case. The fineness and precision of much of the detailing (rails, engine, lighting, intake elevator to name a few) are all considerably higher quality. But it's very useful to see pictures side by side and as you say, reviews are always handy.

i am sorry if i seemed harsh about the norev, i didnt really intend to be. i have two norevs, dominator and lexion, and am really pleased with them, but i only paid the agricultural dealer price. lexion 770tt's and dominators are starting to change hands at some serious money now, and the point i was trying to make was that the ertl does contain a diecast body, has rear steering and as claaspower said, see through window into the grain tank. your 100% right in the refinement of the rails, chopper/chaff spreader, and i think the norev headers, although plastic, look a better shine and finish. i really do think, at the moment, that schuco and u/h do produce a good standard of combine for the money. thanks for taking the time mrol to post your thoughts. ;)

Go figure they dropped the Header trailer, I was looking over my 32nd S690 Prestige Edition last night again and noticed they added a rear hitch on the combine to pull a header cart. Not that the retired header cart was big enough to handle the new 640Draper head.