Tips for casting with metal

Jasons

Question

I've been working on a pretty involved scratch built model and once word got out to a few friends they decided they would like one for their collection so now I have about six to build. It's just not feasible for me to do that by hand in any reasonable amount of time. So I decided to make some molds and cast it. My molds are out of silicone using Alumilite products which if I understand correctly will work with metal. To this date I've been using resin but I hate it becuase it cures so darn fast and because it's light. These are 1/16 scale tractors and I would really like to have some weight to them so I think metal may be a good option. The problem is I don't even know where to start. Also what pitfalls should I look for along the way, and do you guys just have any advice for me?

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet