Tractor manufacturer 'fandom'

I've noticed a lot of members here seem to be attached to their favourite brands of tractors & other agricultural machinery in an apparently similar way to football fans are to their chosen teams. Notice the number of you all who have manufacturer based user names & avatars.

I find this curious to say the least from a sociological perspective, but then I've never understood football, or any other sport, 'fandom' either.

To understand my perspective of what I'm talking about, may I refer you all to this comedy classic:

My view is as David Mitchell's.

Sadly that sketch is like most of my mates :- Never understood football fans like that either, as for my user name it was a case of not being able to think of anything else and spending a lot of time driving a JD6910 :P

Sadly that sketch is like most of my mates :- Never understood football fans like that either, as for my user name it was a case of not being able to think of anything else and spending a lot of time driving a JD6910 :P

Re your mates. Quite. This is the only sport I can bear to watch, and I haven't a clue who any of the teams are:

;);D