Angus Show - Brechin 9th June 2012

BC

Another couple of rosettes to b hung up in the Farmall A shed if I can find space. One for attendance and one for 4th place in the petrol paraffin class. Obviously the judge did not rate my restoration job very good but hey ho I go to the shows for the enjoyment not the silverware plus well it is an older restoration having been completed 12 years ago.

P1020157.jpg

some very nice pictures bill, good to see alans 6820 still on the road he hasnt had much luck with his contracting fleet over the years the fergies cost him even more. field looked really wet this year.

Thanks Pete...it only took a hour to wash car and trailer so not to bad ;D ;D ..yes I have to agree Allan has been blessed with luck with his contracting fleet...must have used on the luck when he and his wife had a lottery win many years ago.

Great photos

Glad you liked them James 8)

great photos with the dealers stands (you never see those tractors sparkle that much once they leave the dealers yard ;) ). and i gotta ask...

any more pictures of that custom paint job on the Ford TW30 i presume? (although, dont bring UH on to idea's here...)

Yes I have to agree Wil. No more photos of the TW whatever thingy but I'm sure I got some other photos when it was up for sale at Lanark last year.

great photos with the dealers stands (you never see those tractors sparkle that much once they leave the dealers yard ;) ). and i gotta ask...

any more pictures of that custom paint job on the Ford TW30 i presume? (although, dont bring UH on to idea's here...)

From Lanark last September Wil...maybe it was the flat tyre which made it not sell ;D ;D

ST838149.jpg

ST838148.jpg

one ugly TW, although the paint job is out of this world and a real eye catcher, still i can see there wont be many takers for such a futuristic look.. We are still getting used to Black, Chrome and Metallic paint jobs by manufacturers, imagine they would offer something like this instead? ;)

great photos. just been to our local steam n vintage tractor show at corbridge. there was a good show of entries .but alas the weather killed it for me and the show field was a complete swamp. :-

Ye he has alot of problem with his tractors, think it also depends on whos driving them for him as well if the casual drivers dont care then little problem become big bills.

Yes that could well be the problem Pete. I'm surprised his son Allan doesn't work with him but maybe it works better that they work together on the vintage tractors ;D ;D

one ugly TW, although the paint job is out of this world and a real eye catcher, still i can see there wont be many takers for such a futuristic look.. We are still getting used to Black, Chrome and Metallic paint jobs by manufacturers, imagine they would offer something like this instead? ;)

It's not my cup of tea either Wil but each one to ones own. I must look back and see what price the tractor was actually bid to at the Lanark sale last September.

great photos. just been to our local steam n vintage tractor show at corbridge. there was a good show of entries .but alas the weather killed it for me and the show field was a complete swamp. :-

Thanks David the weather makes or breaks the show. Last year I actually only exhibited at one since the weather was so bad. I now take the view if I'm not loaded up and it rains on the day I don't exhibit and sometimes don't even bother to spectate. Is the rally at Alnwick still held in October :huh: I have been down a few times in the past.

I did ask Allan senior if young Allan was working but he said he was on holiday and away down to a rally in England (forget where he said...but maybe where convo is going... :huh: ) with his good friend Ross Yeaman from Cupar Angus so no doubt Oliver tractors must feature heavily ;D ;D

if thats the show at the old air field ,brunton ,nr alnwick im not sure. i must admit ive never been but will have to make the effort.i guess the next one ill attend will be lanark,as my uncle heb from galashiels usually has a tractor there, either a b414 or his 434

It will be nice to catch up with you David and other FTF members too.. I'm sure if your uncle has exhibited his tractor at Lanark in the past I will have photos especially if its an International ;D ;D