Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) or log book & licence discs

• 1 month later...

I thought the deal was I was to MOT my car (well cost of test) and put it back on the 31st July and get a car from Aberdeen Audi until my new one was ready for the road on 1st September. However my 5 year old car sailed through the MOT and when I got in touch with my salesman he said excellent news keep your car re license it and when you get your new one you can surrender the licence. All very well until he told me my new car was just being built mid August and it was looking like a delivery date of 10th September now. Some how I can see that date slipping since they cannot transfer my plate until it arrives in the UK and DVLA are taking around 10 days to do this. In some ways I'm fine pleased to hold on to my own car but I ain't servicing it and I hope the rear tyres last out.... but I have a back up I have another collection ...well 2 of part worn ones just in case ;D ;D

I had to laugh since my car was recalled for an injector check. I booked it in for Monday and the deal was they would collect my car from my work at 7am. 7am came and went and it was only 8am before I could call the garage. It transpired the driver called in sick but someone would be sent out right away. Sure enough at 8.20am they arrived and said my car would be back by 1pm latest since I had said I need by 2pm latest. Just after 12 I got a third call from the garage saying they had to fit 4 new injectors but at no cost to me. I knew something else was coming and I thought they are going to say your service is due but no it was ..we noticed your rear tyres have only 3mm. Yes I replied I know ...my car passed its MOT a few weeks ago and no advisory items so they are still legal ;D ;D ...oh yes (back pedal) they are but we just wanted to point out that too you. In some ways I think it is good they check things like that and advise customers but on the other hand I think were they trying to get a sale for tyres as well...no way since no one in Aberdeen can beat Costco for Michelin tyres 8)

All in all I can't fault the manufacturer Audi or the garage Aberdeen Audi in the service provided and fitting 4 new injectors to a 5 year old car free of charge to me and no hassle apart from a phone call. As far as I was concerned my car was running fine and it will probably be the next owner that will save on the cost of replacement should the injectors fail.

Anyway (back on topic).....I had to give my car a fifth birthday present and I thought I had better keep the rest of the disc's which were residing in the license disc holder ;D ;D

The first disc was an odd cost at £ 143.50 but that was because the car was licensed on the 25th July and on the road on the 31st July 2007 so it was covering one year and one week.

P1020953.jpg

P1020954.jpg

P1020955.jpg

P1020956.jpg

P1020957.jpg

P1020959.jpg

On a positive note my new one will have a tax disc costing £ 115...that is for the Quattro but I think it was nil had I opted for the front wheel drive one. I thought for around £ 1,400 inc VAT I would go for 4x4 given the winters we have had and given I do a bit of off-roading when "tractor pulling" and taking farming photos

Looking back at my post and the price per year this is like being at a live auction...I'm bid I'm bid I'm bid going up £5 a time...but at least there is no commission and VAT on the commission ;D ;D