The AA (Automobile Association) Badges & members books etc

Does anyone collect AA memoribilia :huh:

Well I had one badge and a few members books from my grandfather, uncles and folks but only one badge which I guess must have been my dad's or grandfathers....

Anyway yesterday after I got home and unloaded the car my next door neighbour gave me a shout saying he had a few more bits and pieces from an elderly friends house which I might be interested in....well there was a plumb line or "mouse"....string with lead at the end...a little Phillips screwdriver and the icing on the cake an AA badge 8) ...you guessed it I accepted them all and thanked him ;D ;D

As Auntie Sue says "if you have 2 of anything you have a collection" ;D ;D ...so I have a collection of AA car badges and they are different which intrigues me and makes me want to learn more about when they were issued etc.

This was the badge I already had

P1030273.jpg

P1030274.jpg

My gift yesterday

P1030271.jpg

P1030272.jpg

Ok the recently acquired one looks older but is it just because it is dirtier may mean it was mounted on a cars grill for longer :unsure:

Anyway the two side by side ....and my question is which is oldest...I don't know and haven't yet researched but I wondering if anyone on here knows :huh:

P1030275.jpg

Edited by BC

Not sure which would be older Bill, I'm guessing the one on the right. They produced this style for many years up until the smaller square type that came out in the 1970's. I have a couple as well, one's on the front grille of my 1966 S11 Land Rover, two or three more in a cupboard drawer somewhere. I've also got an AA Members handbook from the 1960's, I picked up the book because it has all the UK district and County registration letters in it, very useful for researching where a vehicle was first registered.