The Scottish County Tractor Club annual members working weekend 13/ 14 October 2012 at Oldmeldrum

BC

Frances Ritchie the secretary of the Scottish County Tractor Club has advised me their annual club working weekend will now be held at the location below on the weekend of 13th & 14th October 2012 and not at the location initially proposed in their website. I plan to go along and get some photos for myself and FTF and let Frances know who / what FTF are since she hadn't heard of us.

WHITEFIELD FARM

OLD MELDRUM

INVERURIE

AB51 0DX

http://www.scottishcountytractorclub.co.uk/index.html

Due to the present wet conditions the event has been called for Saturday. It may go ahead tomorrow if the field dries out ....but I'm not holding my breath. If it cannot take place on Sunday my hope is they manage to reschedule another weekend before the end of the year.

I went to the said location today and no one was there. I tried phoning the club and on the second attempt i was able to speak to Charlie Gray the Chairman who confirmed the working day was also cancelled for tomorrow due to the weather. I asked if it was to be re scheduled but Charlie was doubtful given it was only 2 weeks away from the clocks going back. Disappointing but the first time the club has had to cancel since it was started 10 years ago.

On a more positive note ...( are you listening Howard S and JCB Bloke)....

I have got a contact number for the owner of the County 1174 belonging to Alisdair Jessiman from St Fergus near Peterhead....I will PM you with his phone number...but Charlie did say it came to him via Crown Motor's at Banff.

And Damian I asked Charlie for an estimated value for your County...again I will send you his price range via PM

Well although this event was cancelled I was speaking to a chap who works for the same company as me and is into lorries, tractors, stationery engines and Mini's. I traded sent him some photos of a Leyland Marshal tipper lorry and he sent me back these rather nice ones of County's working earlier this year which he attended.

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02994.jpg